Carmarthen Accommodation

Accommodation on the Carmarthen Campus

Carmarthen Accommodation

All Trinity Saint David accommodation at Carmarthen is located on the main campus. We are fortunate to be able to accommodate the majority of first year students in catered Halls of Residence. Second, third year and postgraduate students are able to choose our en-suite self-catering flats.

Our relatively small campus ensures our students benefit from a close community atmosphere with excellent sports facilities and leisure facilities located on site.

Located to the west of the county town of Carmarthen, the University campus enjoys good access, with the M4 close at hand, a main line railway station in Carmarthen itself and an international airport within one hour’s drive at Cardiff.

We can accommodate 580 students in single bedrooms.

We can offer accommodation for disabled students. Disabled students should contact the Accommodation Office with details of their requirements at the earliest opportunity.

‌‌‌‌All first year undergraduates who have applied for accommodation by 20/06/2016 are guaranteed University rooms.

First year students are normally offered accommodation within the Catered Halls of Residence – Myrddin, Tower and Non. 

Accommodation is of a standard style; all bedrooms contain washbasins with students sharing bathroom facilities. 

Students with special dietary needs can be catered for, please contact the Accommodation Office to discuss.

Internet connection is available in all rooms at no extra cost.

  • Myrddin is a two storey residence on the edge of the campus split into 17 different units of 8 bedrooms. Each unit contains bathroom facilities and a small refreshment area. 
  • Tower is a high rise building with stunning views of Carmarthenshire from the higher floors. Each of the 9 floors contains 5 bedrooms, with shared bathroom facilities. All floors have a small refreshment area. 
  • Non is a four storey building situated in the centre of campus and is split into units. Less separated than the other halls, it is ideal for the more sociable student. Available for female students only.

A full list of prices for halls is available here: Carmarthen Campus - Halls Prices

2016/17 - prices remain the same and will be uploaded as soon as possible as 2015/16‌

The licence period is for 38 weeks running from 20 September 2015 to 11 June 2016. Rooms do not need to be vacated during Christmas and Easter vacations.

The price for accommodation includes two meals a day (Breakfast and Evening Meal) Monday to Friday. Please be advised that no catering is available at Christmas 19 December 2016 to 6 January 2017 or at Easter 3 April 2017 to 21 April 2017.

A reservation fee of £250 must be paid by all students within two weeks of allocation. This fee will be retained as a bond for the session. Students will be informed of any charges for damages/fines incurred during their stay and will be invoiced accordingly.

You may apply for accommodation provided you have a 'Conditional' or 'Unconditional' offer from the University: Carmarthen First Year Application Form 2016/17

‌‌‌‌‌‌‌For second, third or postgraduate students, self-catering accommodation is available on campus.

Archbishop Noakes is a three storey Hall of Residence split into four blocks. Each block contains 9 self-contained flats with 9 bedrooms in each flat. Bedrooms are en-suite with shower and toilet facilities. Each flat contains a separate large kitchen suitable for students wishing to cater for themselves.

Internet connection is available in all rooms and the cost is included in the accommodation fees.

Our self-catering flats are very popular so students are advised to contact the Accommodation Office as soon as possible.

A limited number of rooms may be available to first year students, particularly mature students, depending upon their individual circumstances.

A full list of prices for academic year 2015/16 is available here: Carmarthen Self Catering 2015/16

2016/17 prices will remain the same as 2015/16‌

Any returning students who wish to apply for Carmarthen Halls of Residence for the 2017/18 academic year please click here for the application form

Students who have not been offered University accommodation or who prefer to live off campus will need to make their own arrangements.

Please follow this link, which will provide details of properties available from local landlords.

*Please be advised that the University accepts no liability for the information provided by the Landlord, it is the responsibility of the student to check whether the information contained on the site is accurate. The University accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the information provided on the site and in no way approves, recommends or warrants as to the suitability of any accommodation contained

Accommodation Officer

Jean Thomas
Tel: 01267 676819

Endsleigh Insurance LogoUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David are working in partnership with Endsleigh to provide you with some contents insurance. It is important for you to check this cover, so please follow the steps below to ensure that you fully understand the protection provided. Your policy number is HH1234 visit to check your policy details. Visit the review cover link to: 

  • Check what is covered.
  • Check out our support videos
  • Chat to our experts through Live Web Chat.
  • Check how to make a claim.
  • Extend and personalise your cover. 

It is important to find out exactly what you are covered for as you may find that you require additional cover to protect all your possessions both inside and outside of your room. 

Endsleigh’s new student gadget bundles allow you to insure multiple gadgets anywhere in the UK and up to 30 days worldwide. The following three bundles are available depending on the value of your gadgets.  

  • £500 phone and £500 laptop or gadget
  • £750 phone and £750 laptop or gadget
  • £750 phone and £1,500 laptop or gadget

Endsleigh are the UK's No. 1 insurance provider for students and are the only insurance provider recommended by NUS. Over the last 50 years they have used their expertise to help shape their products, services, contents and tools around their customers’ needs.

They understand that protecting and replacing gadgets quickly is hugely important to students, that’s why they introduced their 24 hour* gadget replacement promise. (If your item is lost, stolen or unrepairable they’ll replace it within 24 hours - 1 working day of your claim being approved.) Policy excesses apply.

‌‌Students who accept an offer of accommodation in the halls of residence are required to abide by the terms and conditions as set out by the University. A copy of which is provided below;

Residential Terms and Conditions for students 2015/16

Residential Terms and Conditions 2016/17

A copy of the terms and conditions are available on the link above. Students are reminded to refer to the terms and conditions throughout the contract period.

Any queries regarding the Regulations for Students in Halls of Residence 2016-17 should be directed to the Accommodation Officer Jean Thomas:


UWTSD - PAT Testing Policy

Whether you live in close proximity to the University or are coming from further afield, the University halls of residence are an option for you. Rooms are allocated on a first come - first served basis to students seeking accommodation for a full academic year, medical conditions that are disclosed to the Accommodation Department will be taken into account. Any other requirements will be considered after the initial allocation process has been completed.

Returning students may apply for accommodation, but will not be allocated rooms unless all outstanding accommodation fees to the University are paid.

The Accommodation Department will try and allocate all rooms on campus as fairly as possible to make sure all students have a chance in securing a place. In the event that all rooms on campus are full then we will endeavour to assist you in finding good quality, affordable accommodation off campus.

Uni Kit Out Logo‌Once you have secured your room in halls, you may then want to start thinking about what to bring with you onto campus.

UniKitOut are an online store that can provide HUGE discounts on many of the following items:

  • Bedding Packs
  • Kitchen Packs
  • Bathroom & Towel Packs
  • Student Combo Packs
  • Electricals
  • Accessories and much more!

All items once purchased can also be delivered directly to your room on campus so they are waiting for you when you arrive.

Browse their offers online today at this link:

What is provided for me in my room?

All rooms in halls of residence come fully furnished, the fixtures and fittings include a bed with mattress, study desk and chair, hand wash basin, mirror, wardrobe, shelving, and bed side cabinet.

You will be required to complete a room inventory upon your arrival.

Do I need a TV licence?

Information is available from

Does my room have an internet connection?

Every bedroom in halls of residence will have access to a free wireless internet connection. Students will be given their username and passwords on enrolment as well as an Ethernet cable for wire connection.

Do I need to arrange insurance for my belongings?

Student possessions insurance has been provided through Endsleigh for every student who is living at our student residences. This covers a range of belongings inside your room, including laptops, sports and electrical equipment, clothes and frozen food. This has been arranged by the University at no extra cost to the student. If you wish to check what is covered under the policy then please take a look at the insurance certificate in the Endsleigh Insurance section below.

What do I need to bring with me?

Students are required to bring their own bedding, towels, coat hangers, cooking utensils (including cutlery and crockery), cleaning and washing products, dish cloths, tea towels, food etc. A list of recommended items to bring with you will be sent to you by email prior to your arrival on the campus

Is there a bus service?

Regular bus services run between sites and the town. Bus timetables will be provided to students on arrival into halls of residence.

Are there items I shouldn’t bring with me?

Items which are not permitted include: candles, incense sticks, fairy lights, chip fryers, pets including goldfish, large items of furniture or equipment are not allowed in Halls of Residence for Health and Safety and Fire Safety reasons.

Can I bring my car?

Resident may bring their cars, and will be required to apply for a Parking Permit on Registration Day.

Can I bring my bike?

Students can use the cycle racks and bike storage facilities available on Campus. Keeping any bicycle, motorcycle, moped or other petrol driven machine inside Halls of Residence is not permitted.

What laundry facilities are available?

Washing machines and driers are present and are located; Archbishop Noakes Blocks 1 and 2 and Archbishop Noakes Blocks 3 and 4 as well as on ground floor of the Tower. 

Who is responsible for cleaning?

All students living in halls of residence are responsible for keeping the accommodation clean and tidy. Within the catered halls a team of cleaners (both male and female) will enter the building every day (Monday to Friday) between 8am and 12pm to top up cleaning in the bathrooms, kitchens and corridors. Note, they do not wash dishes. Students are expected to clean their own study bedroom.

Where do I collect my mail?

Letters can be collected from the Security Lodge, which is situated at the rear of the Dewi Building between the following times;

12 noon to 1.00pm

4.30pm to 5.30pm

9.00pm to 10.00pm

Can I stay on Campus during the holidays?

Your license agreement covers the use of your room for 38 weeks, which includes the Christmas and Easter holidays.

UUK - Code of Practice

The University of Wales Trinity Saint David is signed up to and fully supports the Accommodation Code of Practice. We endeavour to provide all students with an enjoyable, safe living environment and recommend that you read the code of practice before taking up your space in halls

The code itself is designed as a statement of good practice which is subject to change and refinement in the light of experience and encourages better management of the accommodation. The code is available online at the following link;

The code ensures that residents benefit from clear policies and procedures relating to the following;

  • Health & Safety
  • Maintenance and Repairs
  • Student Welfare
  • Antisocial behaviour and disciplinary issues
  • Environmental quality

UUK Code - Logo