BA Business Management (Human Resource Management)
* this programme replaces BA Human Resource Management through the University’s validation processes to ensure all programmes are current and responding to industry need.
The BA (Hons) Business Management (Human Resource Management) is an innovative programme where teaching is based around live business projects, case studies, internships and work experience.
The programme has been designed to provide a broad approach to all areas of business management whilst allowing students to specialise in the area of human resource and leadership.
UCAS Code: BMH1
Institution Code: T80
40 credyd ar gael yn Gymraeg
40 credits available in Welsh
Dysgu mwy | Find out more
This course is for students wishing to excel in a career in Business and Management with a specific focus on human resource. The programme shares a common first year, during which you take a range of compulsory modules covering a number of business disciplines, providing a broad understanding of business and management. This allows you, as the student, to gain a good understanding of the principles across a range of subject areas whilst also providing the opportunity to gain further insight into human resource management and leadership.
The programme has been developed in conjunction with employers and the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) who are the leading industry body, to ensure the relevant employability and professional skills are developed alongside the academic rigor of a degree programme.
The Business School has long established relationships with local and regional businesses to deliver a programme of integrated extracurricular activities. This provides our students with a range of contacts, opportunities and experiences that form part of the learning experience, but also allows students to develop their knowledge, skills and practical capabilities necessary for the transition into employment.
- Project Management and Professional Development
- Introduction to the Digital Workplace
- Marketing in Practice
- Digital Intelligence and Analytics
- Applied Internship
- Developing Professional Practice
- Consultancy Project
- Finance for Business
- Managing Employee Relations
- Leading and Developing People
- The opportunity to study in a School that was ranked 1st in Wales and in the top 15 UK universities for student satisfaction in Management.
- The involvement of industry experienced and research informed staff in teaching.
- The opportunity to study abroad.
- The opportunity to undertake at least two internships during the three year programme
- Employability skills embedded across all modules.
- Real world experiences.
- The variety of modules and authentic assessments.
- UWTSD ranked 13th in the UK for student support – Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2017.
- Opportunity to study some modules through the medium of Welsh.
Assessment methods vary from module to module but you can expect a range of assessments including, coursework, practical work and exams. Assessments combine academic rigor with authentic “real-world” tasks that demonstrate a students ability to meaningfully apply their knowledge and skills.
88 UCAS Points
Our business degrees provide students with a broad range of skills that are sought after by a range of employers. Due to the flexible and broad nature of the programme graduates will be equipped to enter a range of industries and sectors including not of profit, public and private sectors. In 2015/16 98% of graduates from the Business School were in employment and/or further study after six months.
The Business School offers students dedicate placement support with industry specific advice being offered by discipline experts. Students will have the opportunity to undertake placements/internships as part of their degree programme and/or in addition to the taught modules. Opportunities to join the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development continuous professional development (CPD) programme is also possible.
UK/EU Tuition Fees
Visit our UK/EU Tuition Fees section to find out more.
Overseas Tuition Fees
Visit our Overseas Fees section to find out more.
Bursaries and Scholarships
You may be eligible for funding to help support your study. To find out about scholarships, bursaries and other funding opportunities that are available please visit our Bursaries and Scholarships section.
Throughout the course of your studies you will have the opportunity to engage with a range of industry bodies. Depending on your module choice and/or programme of study accreditation to the following professional bodies is possible;
Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).