BA Digital Marketing
This programme is going through the University’s validation processes to ensure all programmes are current and responding to industry need.
The BA (Hons) Digital Marketing is underpinned by the core elements of Business Management and Marketing but is designed to prepare graduates for working in the Digital Marketing environment.
This involves learning key aspects of developing the digital experience, strategy, channels and communications. Due to its structure, this programme offers graduates a wide range of career opportunities. In addition the programme is mapped against the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Digital Diploma in Professional Marketing providing students with the opportunity to gain a CIM qualification alongside their degree.
The BA (Hons) Digital Marketing is an innovative programme where teaching is based around live business projects, case studies, internships and work experience. The programme has been designed in consultation with industry experts, providing students with access to the latest leading academic knowledge and practical industry skills. The programme shares a common first year, during which you will undertake a range of compulsory modules covering a number of business disciplines, providing a broad understanding of business and management. This allows you, as the student, to gain a good understanding of the principles across a range of subject areas before specialising in digital marketing.
The programme has been developed in conjunction with employers and the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), who are the leading industry body, to ensure the relevant employability and professional skills are developed alongside the academic rigor of a degree programme.
The Business School has long established relationships with local and regional businesses to deliver a programme of integrated extracurricular activities. This provides our students with a range of contacts, opportunities and experiences that form part of the learning experience, but also allows students to develop their knowledge, skills and practical capabilities necessary for the transition into employment.
- Project Management and Professional Development
- Introduction to the Digital Workplace
- Marketing in Practice
- Digital and Social Media Marketing
- Applied Internship
- Developing Professional Practice
- Consultancy Project
- Finance for Business
- Consumer Behaviour
- Digital Design and Implementation
- Driving Digital Experience
- Digital Strategy
- Mastering Digital Channels
- The opportunity to study in a School that was ranked 1st in Wales and in the top 15 UK universities for student satisfaction in Management
- The involvement of industry experienced and research informed staff in teaching.
- The opportunity to study abroad.
- The opportunity to undertake at least two internships during the three year programme
- Employability skills embedded across all modules
- Real world experiences
- The variety of modules and authentic assessments
- UWTSD ranked 13th in the UK for student support – Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2017.
- Opportunity to study some modules through the medium of Welsh
- Swansea Business School is an official study center for the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) professional qualifications.
- The opportunity to gain the CIM Digital Diploma in Professional Marketing alongside your degree. *
Assessment methods vary from module to module but you can expect a range of assessments including, coursework, practical work and exams. Assessments combine academic rigor with authentic “real-world” tasks that demonstrate a students ability to meaningfully apply their knowledge and skills.
88 UCAS Points
Our business degrees provide students with a broad range of skills that are sought after by a range of employers. Due to the flexible and broad nature of the programme graduates will be equipped to enter a range of industries and sectors including not of profit, public and private sectors. In 2015/16 98% of graduates from the Business School were in employment and/or further study after six months.
The Business School offers students dedicate placement support with industry specific advice being offered by discipline experts. Students will have the opportunity to undertake placements/internships as part of their degree programme and/or in addition to the taught modules. Opportunities to join the Chartered Institute of Marketing continuous professional development (CPD) programme is also possible.
This programme is mapped against the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Digital Diploma in Professional Marketing providing students with the opportunity to gain a CIM qualification alongside their degree. Should you choose to undertake the additional assessments with the CIM there will be additional costs. For more information please CIM Website.
Throughout the course of your studies you will have the opportunity to engage with a range of industry bodies. Depending on your module choice and/or programme of study accreditation to the following professional bodies is possible;
- Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)