Logistics and Supply Chain Management - BSc | HND
90% of UWTSD students at the School of Engineering agreed that the library resources (e.g. books, online services and learning spaces) have supported their learning well – NSS 2017.
Logistics and Supply Chain Management is business management with a purpose. The purpose is to move the right goods from A to B in the right quantity, to the right place, at the right time, fit for purpose.
It needs people who will thrive when working in a challenging and fast moving environment. One thing is for sure, no two days are the same in the Logistics Industry. Logistics is a global industry with extensive opportunities to work around the world for example, at least three to four ERASMUS students from Europe join the final year of the BSc programme each year.
UCAS Code (BSc): N900
UCAS Code (HND): N901
Institution Code: T80
BSc 3 years f/t - up to 6 years p/t;
HND 2 years f/t - up to 4 years p/t;
HNC up to 4 years p/t;
School of Engineering, Manufacturing and Logistics
The programmes are designed to ensure that prospective and practising managers have a sound understanding of the operational, technical and personal aspects of the day-to-day management of all types of logistic operations, their facilities and infrastructure.
During their studies students develop and enhance:
- their powers of persuasion through the improvement of their oral and written communication skills;
- their analytical skills through developing the ability to sift information quickly and produce coherent reports;
- their ability to plan and coordinate the allocation of resources and their ability to manage a workforce with due recognition of diversity in all of its forms.
In other words students develop the attributes of a good manager and one that recognises that gaining a BSc(Hons) is just the start of the process of Continual Professional Development.
Level 4 - HNC/HND/BSc (Hons)
- Management and eBusiness
- Statistics for Logistics
- Transport Planning and Professional Competence
- Introduction to Logistics
- Warehouse Management
Introduction to Marketing and Consumer Behaviour
- Skills for Professional Practice
- Financial Management and Economics
- Research Methods
- Supply Chain Strategies
- Sustainable Logistics
- Logistics Modelling
- Social Trends and Consumerism
Level 6 - BSc (Hons)
- Operations Analysis
- Human Resource Management
- Procurement and Contract Law
- International Logistics
- plus a 40-credit Dissertation
Supply chain management offers a career that will continually develop an individual’s potential and reward ambition in a challenging global environment. And since the demand for logistics professionals outstrips the supply, there are excellent opportunities for rapid career progression for those with the drive to succeed.
Careers in logistics and supply chain management offer early responsibility, exciting challenges with good remuneration and opportunities to travel.
Assessment methods include a variety of written formats from essays (ranging from 1,750 words up to 2,750 words in length), oral presentations delivered both in a group and individually, and both seen and unseen examinations.
In addition to summative assessments the programme includes a range of formative assessments that may include one or more of the following: peer assessed work; group presentations; reflective journals; blogs and wikis; internet searches; document analysis; and, bibliographic exercises.
The normal entry requirements are:
BSC (Hons) Logistics and Supply Chain Management
64 UCAS Tariff points (previously 160) for awards appearing on the UCAS Tariff Table (ie 2 GCE A Levels at appropriate grades such as A+E = 64, B+D = 64 or C+C = 64).
NVQ Level 3 in an appropriate subject.
Modern apprenticeship Level 3 vocational qualifications.
Other equivalent qualifications (e.g. International and European Baccalaureates, City and Guilds, SCOTVEC awards).
HND Logistics and Supply Chain Management
40 UCAS Tariff points (previously 120)
HNC Logistics and Supply Chain Management (part-time Day Release)
Our offers are not solely based on academic results. We take your skills, achievements and life experience into consideration. In such cases, they must provide evidence of capacity to pursue the course successfully. We like to give such applicants every opportunity to show that they have the motivation and ability to succeed in their chosen programme.
Six months after graduation, all graduates are in employment or further study.
Our Logistics and motorsport Management programmes cover a broad range of topics that can lead to a huge number of careers. Here is a list of our recent graduates new job roles:
- Architecture engineer at Jaguar Land Rover
- Associate Personal Banker at Natwest
- Based at Silverstone Innovation Centre, working for CMA Marketing
- Branch Manager at Enterprise Rent-A-Car UK
- Business Development Manager at Old Hall Performance
- CEO and Founder and Owner at ESL Teacher Recruitment
- Consultant at SNC-Lavalin Rail & Transit - formerly Interfleet
- Demand Planner at Actavis UK Ltd
- E-Commerce Assistant at Demon Tweeks
- Finance Officer at Neath Port Talbot CBC
- Graduate Logistics Procurement Executive at Tesco Plc
- International Relation Officer at Round Table Norway
- Local Business Development Executive at Trainer BMW
- Material Planner at Caterpillar UK
- Owner at Undercover Imports: an e-Commerce Japanese car accessories, parts and lifestyle products business
- Power Systems Engineer at Jaguar Land Rover
- Project Executive at Motorsport Industry Association
- Property Manager at Prodrive
- Proprietor at Arch Attack
- Sales Coordinator at McLaren GT
- Senior Consultant, Business Transformation at Babcock International
- Senior Partnership Manager at PRISM - Public Relations & International Sports Marketing
- Senior Transport Consultant at Foster Tachographs Limited - experts in EC Drivers' Hours Law & Analysis
- SLD Member/CVD Organiser/Graphic Designer at Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway
- Transport Assistant at NFT Distribution
- Transport Supervisor at Norbert Dentressangle
- Website Manager at Owen Developments
It is possible to complete this programme of study without any additional costs.
Please check our website for up-to-date details for accreditation with the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transportation (CILT).