The Careers Service is available to all students and graduates of the University of Wales Trinity Saint David. From the day you arrive, and throughout your studies and beyond, our professionally qualified Careers Advisers are here all year round to support you in making informed decisions about your next steps and in maximising your potential and employability.
UWTSD was ranked #2 out of 46 institutions for ‘Careers & Employability Service’ in the Global International Student Barometer and Student Barometer, Autumn Wave 2015.
Our Careers Advisers are able to assist you with all aspects of career planning:
- Choosing a career
- Job-seeking strategies
- Application procedures and CVs
- Interview techniques
- Work experience
- Course changes
- Further study options
We also post information about local and national job vacancies, careers-related events and various career paths on our facebook page (University of Wales Trinity Saint David Careers Service) and on Twitter (@uwtsdcareers).
The Careers Service is located centrally on each campus:
- Carmarthen - Canolfan Myddfai, behind the Students' Union
- Lampeter - Canterbury building, next to the LRC (Library)
- Swansea - Mount Pleasant campus, just off the Main Reception
- London - main campus
Our opening hours are:
- Monday to Thursday 9.00am–5.00pm
- Friday 9.00am–4.30pm
1:1 careers guidance interviews are available by appointment; an appointment is usually for up to 1 hour. You are also welcome to drop-in to the Careers Service at any time if you have a quick query or if you wish to use our library of careers information and resources.
If you are unable to visit the Careers Service in person, you can still access our support and services by emailing or telephoning the Careers Adviser based on your campus, as part of our e-guidance service. Please go to 'Our Careers Advisers' for contact details.
Tel: 01267 676829
Tel: 01570 424973
Tel: 01570 424973
Tel: 01792 481222
Tel: 01792 481222
Tel: 0207 566 7600
Arranging Work Experience
Finding Part-time Work
Writing CVs and Covering Letters
Funding for Postgraduate Study
Professional Development Planning (PDP)
Professional Development Planning - PDP (PDF, 111 kb - 22.10.2015)
Starting Your Own Business
- www.prospects.ac.uk – a wealth of careers information as well as graduate job search, postgraduate study and information on other options after graduation
- www.targetjobs.co.uk/graduate-jobs-and-vacancies - graduate jobs, schemes and internships
- www.ukcisa.org.uk - UK Council for International Student Affairs - helpful information for International Students
- www.teachertrainingcymru.org - routes into teaching in Wales
- www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-education - “Get into Teaching” in England
- Agency Central - links to industry-specific recruitment agencies, jobs, salary information and trends across a range of sectors
- Agency Central - Information for Graduates - links to industry-specific recruitment agencies offering graduate opportunities, graduate jobs, salary information and trends across a range of sectors
- Useful Web-sites (PDF, 92 kb - 27.10.2015)- a list compiled by the Careers Service to assist UWTSD students and graduates with their job search and career planning
- www.allaboutfinancecareers.com - career advice and guidance website for students and graduates interested in Finance, Accounting and other jobs within the finance sector
- www.allaboutcareers.com - What can I do with my degree?
- www.allaboutlaw.co.uk - Law jobs, courses and advice for students and graduates interested in Law
- www.wikijobs.co.uk - Leading UK jobs site for finance roles with forum's and advice on how to handle interviews, applications and assessment centres.
- www.artsculturemediajobs.com - Arts Culture Media Jobs
- www.anyintern.com - The World's largest internship website
The Careers Service at UWTSD has subscribed to GoinGlobal, an excellent Country Career and Employment Resource. It has country specific information and is a research tool for finding employment opportunities at home and abroad.
Please follow the following link to access GoinGlobal from any computer on your campus. Students may create a personal account and afterwards use that account to log in to GoinGlobal from any computer off campus through the same links below.
For security reasons, a new account must be re-established every six months (180 days)
Country Career Guide URL: https://online.goinglobal.com
USA/Canada Cities Guide URL: http://online.usacareerguides.com
We love to hear how our graduates are getting on, and we also compile a report each year to provide information on the 'destinations' of our previous year’s graduates. So please keep in touch and let us know your news by emailing email@example.com at any time. Please also look out for our letter which we send out a few months after you finish your studies.
DLHE report 2013/14 (PDF, 855 kb - 22.10.2015)
DLHE report 2012/13 (PDF, 722 kb - 22.10.2015)
This section provides information for:
- Voluntary & charitable bodies
- Other Programme opportunity providers e.g. Teaching abroad, work experience abroad etc.
- Other providers additional to the above, who wish to advertise vacancies and opportunities for Students & Graduates e.g. Professional bodies
We, as the university Careers Service can support the above providers of vacancies/opportunities in the following ways:
- Advertise via our university Careers Service Facebook facility
- Emailing specific degree schemes/programmes (we are unable to email all students due to policy)
- Visiting campuses to promote your organisation in person, and vacancies/opportunities. We can also promote this visit as an ‘event’ via our website
- For those looking to recruit Teachers only:
- we run a Teaching Recruitment fair on Swansea and Carmarthen campuses
- we can email Teaching finalists and recent graduates directly with Teaching vacancies
Please note that the above services are available to you FREE OF CHARGE. Further information on our Protocol for vacancy/opportunity handling can be found via Protocol for Employers & other opportunity providers
For those who wish to:
- simply promote vacancies via our university Careers Service Facebook facility, please find here the format outlining information we would require for consideration: Vacancy & Opportunity Details Form
- Visit campus(es) in person, please find here the format outlining the information we would require for consideration: Events Promotion Form
Should you have queries on any of the above then please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org