Certificate of Higher Education Skills for the Workplace
91% of UWTSD’s Business students were satisfied with their course – NSS 2017.
Want to make progress in your workplace? Then DEVELOP your skills and step on to the CAREER ladder!
You could develop your SKILLS, IMPROVE your self-confidence and restart your CAREER
Current venues include Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthen, Bridgend and Llanelli.
Institution Code: T80
1 year full-time flexible study (evenings and weekends or day time study).
Taught at local venues in Carmarthen, Swansea, Cardiff, Bridgend, Pontypridd, Llanelli.
Phone: 0300 456 2762
Want to make progress in your workplace? Then DEVELOP your SKILLS and step onto the CAREER ladder!
You could develop your SKILLS, IMPROVE your self-confidence and restart your CAREER. Designed to give you the tools to apply your personal transferrable skills to the workplace; the confidence to anticipate problems and find solutions, to work independently and with other people, to plan things out before you start and complete the things that you’ve started… the skills that employers want!
firstname.lastname@example.org or 0300 456 2762
The programme is specifically created in its content and flexible delivery to give you the confidence to anticipate problems and find solutions, to work independently and with other people, to plan things out before you start and complete the things you've started, in short to develop the skills that employers want!
All of the teaching is project- based, linking theory with practice and ensuring that each module is contextualised within real workplace situations and challenges.
- Academic and Employability Skills
- Effective Team Working and Communication
- Digital Skills and Research Methods
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Professional Career Development
- Managing Enterprise in the 21st Century
This is a flexible full-time course that continues throughout the calendar year. As a result, a delivery pattern has been specifically designed to enable students to continue with other life and work commitments alongside their studies.
- Registration twice a year in either September or January
- Either three evenings per month plus one Saturday or Sunday per month at local venues for 10 months plus a residential weekend course in August where you can experience student life on our beautiful Lampeter Campus
Or 1 morning and 1 afternoon per week over 10 months in Swansea or Cardiff
- A University Level 4 course
- Bite-sized units and completely project-based
- Assessment through assignments and no examinations
- Modules are mapped to the Institute of Leadership and Management qualification
- No up-front fees - tuition fee loan repayments start when you earn over £21,000 per year
- On successful completion of the CertHE, there is the option to progress to the BA Management Skills for the Workplace at Level 5 and you could obtain your Honours degree with a further two years study!
There are a variety of assessments such as presentations, projects, reports and blogs. There are no examinations.
Entry onto the programme is by individual merit.
Normally students under the age of 21 will have at least 1 A Level or BTEC National Diploma/Certificate or equivalent.
Mature Candidates – experience can often be taken into consideration in lieu of formal qualifications.
Grades are important; however, our offers are not solely based on academic results. We are interested in creative people that demonstrate a strong commitment to their chosen subject area and therefore we welcome applications from individuals from a wide range of backgrounds. To assess student suitability for their chosen course we normally arrange interviews for all applicants at which your skills, achievements and life experience will be considered as well as your qualifications.
This programme is specifically focused on employability, ensuring that students are able to use workplace experiences to inform their studies throughout each module. Explicit outcomes include the creation of digital portfolios, through which students can demonstrate their understanding of key skills, theories and methodologies for use at interview and to secure career progression.
Modules are mapped to the Institute of Leadership and Management qualification
The Certificate of Higher Education Skills for the Workplace constitutes the first year of study for the BA Management Skills for the Workplace. There is the option to progress to Level 5 for successful students. Progression opportunities also exist through the Professional Practice Framework.