The Unit supports the Learning, Teaching and Enhancement Committee (LTEC) and the implementation of the Learning, Teaching and Enhancement Strategy (LTES), specifically:
- Convening and organising meetings of LTEC and communicating with members.
- Providing officer support and the production of minutes and other documentation for LTEC.
- Liaising with officers of Senate and other University Committee’s with regard to LTEC business.
- Managing the relationship between the University and the Higher Education Academy (HEA) http://www.heacademy.ac.uk.
- Convening and organising HEA Accreditation and Fellowship Recognition Panels. http://www.uwtsd.ac.uk/enhancement-unit/professional-recognition/hea-fellowship-/
- Organising, promoting and disseminating learning and teaching professional development activity http://www.uwtsd.ac.uk/enhancement-unit/professional-development/
- Organising, promoting and disseminating Future Directions and Enhancement Theme activity https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/about/hea-wales/academi-addysg-uwch-cymru-about-hea-wales
- Promoting, supporting and disseminating scholarship of learning and teaching, and pedagogic research of University staff and students.
- Promoting and managing the University’s Learning and Teaching Journal http://www.uwtsd.ac.uk/enhancement-unit/research-and-scholarship-/wales-journal-of-learning-and-teaching-in-higher-education-/
- Promoting and coordinating LTEC Enhancement Groups linked to strategic priorities.
- Undertaking an annual audit of research and scholarship currency of staff teaching at Levels 6 and 7.
- Promoting and maintaining an overview of research in undergraduate student learning e.g. involvement in the British Conference of Undergraduate Research http://www.bcur.org/and publication of the Student Researcher http://www.uwtsd.ac.uk/library/the-student-researcher/
- Creating and maintaining communication tools and resources, such as bulletins, webpages, Moodle, social media etc.
The Unit is led by the Pro Vice-Chancellor (International and Enhancement) , Professor Simon Haslett, who is a Principal Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, supported by Victoria Watkins.
The Unit can be contacted on 01792481102 or firstname.lastname@example.org