Swansea is a Beautiful and Friendly City
Swansea is Wales' premier waterfront City. Our students are quick to praise the beautiful surroundings and vibrant city life. We have been voted one of the friendliest cities in the UK according to a poll by Bisto.
Sweeping across the city is the promenade and cycle track. Just five miles along the coast you can find Mumbles, appreciated by students for its seaside village atmosphere. Beyond Mumbles lies the Gower Peninsula, the UK’s first officially designated “Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.”
I love Swansea, living by the sea where there is so much nature around. Swansea is not a normal city, you are not stuck in a city. There is a lot around and a lot to do.
If you like the outdoors, Swansea has access to the following:
- World class mountain biking at Afan Forest and Cwmcarn
- Snowboarding on dry ski slopes (and occasionally in the Breacon Beacons!)
- Wakeboarding behind a boat at Oxwich Bay
- Sea and white water Kayaking
- Skateboard parks
- Climbing walls
- Racing at Pembrey Circuit
- Nature walks at Gower or the Breacon Beacons
Flick through the below images to see more beautiful beaches in Gower, Swansea: