Leadership and Change
Level: 4 / 7
Duration: 4 days, taught sessions
This module focuses on encouraging participants to examine a range of different leadership styles, behaviours and traits from theory and apply to practice.
The following areas will be covered during the module:
- An introduction to the theories and models of organisational culture and change management.
- Root cause analysis will be used to investigate events arising from workplace incidents.
- An introduction to legislative requirements and other external factors that could initiate and influence the change process.
This course is particularly suited to those in a position of management or leadership within their organisation as well as those aspiring to becoming manager or leaders of the future.
The knowledge and understanding gained from this module will help you to confidently engage with workplace challenges as a result of organisational change.
- The written assignment will introduce a recent workplace change process, and events will be considered in the context of a range of theories and approaches to organisational change.
- A presentation will be designed and delivered which analyses a workplace event, and presents recommendations for best practice in the future.
- It is important to note that during your period of study you will be supported by a designated tutor.
- Once you have successfully completed the module you will gain 30 credits that you can put towards further study.