Through this module, you will be able to recognise and describe the benefits of project management, explain the principles and identify appropriate tools and techniques to effectively manage projects.
Level: 4 / 5 / 7
Duration: 4 days, taught sessions
This module focuses the following areas of Project Management theory and practice:
• The principles of project management
• Tools and techniques for planning and managing projects
• Risk: identification, analysis and management
• Quality management in a project environment
• Project monitoring, reporting and budget control
• Level 7 will encourage learners to develop a project management methodology that suits their workplace
This module is relevant to anyone that is managing or working on a project within their workplace.
- Some benefits of utilising a project management approach are; increasing efficiency and effectiveness of delivering services increase in quality of services and increased risk assessment.
- By implementing a project management approach to a project, it provides a ‘roadmap’ that can be easily followed by all parties involved.
- Levels 4 and 5: Assignment illustrating how project management could benefit your place of work.
- Level 7: Assignment discussing project management processes with recommendations for a suitable methodology in the workplace.
- It is important to note that during your period of study you will be supported by a designated tutor.
- Once you have successfully completed the module you will gain 30 credits that you can put towards further study.