Mrs Christy Anson-Harries BA (Hons) Dance PGCE
BA Dance Programme Director
Tel: 01554 748111
- Co-ordination and delivery of BA (Hons) Dance at TSD
- Management of programme teaching team.
- Co-ordination duties involve programme design, programme validation and programme management.
- Programme promotion and recruitment.
- Evidencing of all student learning and progression in line with QAA standards.
- Pastoral care of all learners enrolled on programme.
My time as a professional has been dedicated to raising the profile of dance education within South Wales. This has included the design and management of all dance programmes at Coleg Sir Gar and the newly validated BA(Hons) Dance at The University of Wales Trinity Saint David.
I have also worked as a freelance dance artist for Arts Care/Celf Golaf and Corracle Theatre Project.
Dance UK – attendance of networking event and dance health conferences.
I am experienced in teaching a wide range of skills, such as Dance Appreciation, Contemporary Technique, Choreography, Anatomy and Physiology and Dance in the Community. My passion lies in Dance Health and Wellbeing, Collaborative Practice, Biomechanics of Dance Technique and Dance for Film.
I will be responsible for delivering the following modules at Levels 4, 5 and 6.
- Contemporary Dance Techniques
- Dance Health and Well-being
- Dance Technique in Performance
- Applied Health and Well-being
- Leadership in Dance
My research interests lie in dance science/health. I am currently working towards an MSc in Dance Science with a view to complete September 2014. I would like to continue to conduct research in this field through a PHD in the near future. Research interests include:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Dance Nutrition
- Dance Psychology