VMware IT Academy
VMWare is the market leader in virtualisation. Becoming a VMware Certified Professional (VCP) is your first step toward gaining expertise in virtual infrastructure and the industry recognition that follows.
This certification is designed to teach you what you need to successfully install, configure and manage vSphere v5.5.
The vITA now offers hands-on training in VMWare vSphere 5.5. The course explores installation, configuration, and management of VMware vSphere®, which consists of VMware ESXi™ and VMware® vCenter Server™. This course is based on versions of ESXi 5.5 and vCenter Server 5.5. Completion of this course satisfies the prerequisite for taking the VMware® Certified Professional 5 exam.
By end of this hands on training course
- Describe the software-defined data center
- Deploy an ESXi host and create virtual machines
- Describe vCenter Server architecture
- Deploy a vCenter Server instance or VMware vCenter Server™ Appliance™
- Use vCenter Server to manage an ESXi host
- Configure and manage vSphere infrastructure with VMware vSphere® Client™ and VMware vSphere® Web Client
- Configure virtual networks with vSphere standard switches
- Use vCenter Server to manage various types of host storage: VMware vSphere® VMFS, NFS, virtual SAN, and Virtual Volumes
- Manage virtual machines, templates, clones, and snapshots
- Create a vApp
- Describe and use the content library
- Migrate virtual machines with VMware vSphere® vMotion®
- Use VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion® to migrate virtual machine storage
- Monitor resource usage and manage resource pools
- Use VMware vRealize™ Operations Manager™ to identify and solve issues through analytics and alerts
- Manage VMware vSphere® High Availability and VMware vSphere® Fault Tolerance
- Use VMware vSphere® Replication™ and VMware vSphere® Data Protection™ to replicate virtual machines and perform data recovery
- Use VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ clusters to improve host scalability
- Use vSphere distributed switches to improve network scalability
- Use VMware vSphere® Update Manager™ to apply patches and perform basic troubleshooting of ESXi hosts, virtual machines, and vCenter Server operations
System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems.
Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals course for VCA-DCV certification