Skype for Business Guides
Firstly you need to have Skype for Business installed on your PC/Laptop/Mac, if you're not sure if you have then contact the IT Service Desk via ITServiceDesk@uwtsd.ac.uk or call 0300 500 5055 (ext 5055 internally). Once running on campus, Skype for Business should sign you in automatically. If not, or you are using Skype for Business off campus (at home for example by installing the Skype for Business software from http://portal.office.com/OLS/MySoftware.aspx) then simply login with the below details;
- Sign-in address:This is your UWTSD email address (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
- Password: This is your UWTSD password
Training: Skype for Business on Windows
Tip To view or print the PDF format versions of the Quick Start Guides, download and install the free Adobe Reader software.
Skype for Business, trending help topics
- Lync is now Skype for Business -- see what's new
- What's Skype for Business?
- Change your picture
- Add a contact from your org or the Skype directory
- Send an IM
- Make and receive a video call
- Set up a Skype for Business meeting in Outlook
- Join a Skype for Business meeting
- Call into a meeting on your mobile or other phone
- Set up and test Skype for Business audio and video
The Skype for Business App is available on several Smartphones and Tablets. You can download the Skype for Business App from the relevant Store on your device. Information on how to download the App on different devices can be found below.
You can download the Skype for Business App on your iPhone, iPad, Android Device or Windows Phone by visiting the relevant App Store on your device and searching "Skype for Business". Alternatively, you can get more information and install the App on your device by clicking the appropriate link below;
To get the most out of using Skype for Business, you'll need a webcam and headset which will enable you to make Video and Audio calls. If you don't have a webcam or headset, please contact the IT Service Desk and we'll be able to offer advice on which webcams and headsets are most suitable.
If you require any assistance please feel free to contact the UWTSD IT Service Desks below
- Phone the Service Desk on 0300 500 5055 (ext 5055 internally)
- Email ITServiceDesk@uwtsd.ac.uk
If you already use Skype to stay in touch with friends and family in your life away from work, you'll appreciate the power and simplicity of Skype for Business where it's easy to find and connect with co-workers. And you can use the devices you already have to reach businesses through an enterprise-grade, secure, IT-managed platform. If you're coming to Skype for Business from Lync, you'll recognize all of the features you already use but in a fresh new interface with simplified controls and some great new additions:
- New look and feel
- Call from Skype for Business using your desk phone for audio
- Integration with the Skype directory
- Call Monitor
- Rate My Call
- Quick access to call controls
To fine out more visit Microsoft webpage.