Information about Microsoft Windows 7 for staff and students, including tips on how to get the most from the system and details of known compatibility issues. New PCs will be supplied with Windows 7 system.
All Student and Staff PCs are currently running Windows 7 (where possible)
New to Windows 7 and Office 2010?
We have prepared a useful guide to show you how to get the most from the new system. Download Using new features in Windows 7 to learn more.
I am still using Windows XP. How do I get Windows 7?
All users currently using Windows XP should have been contacted with regards to upgrading the operating system. If a member of Information Technology & Systems has not been in touch regarding an upgrade then please log a call with the IT Service Desk and we will endeavor to upgrade your PC as soon as possible.
How will this affect my teaching applications?
Most applications will work without problem on Windows 7, but it may be necessary to upgrade current versions of applications and course materials.
Please note, older versions of some software packages may not be supported on Windows 7.
Please contact the Service Desk if you:
- are currently using older versions of software packages and are unsure of compatibility
- know of an application or system that is incompatible
- want to make sure a specific application has been tested
If you have any questions about the Windows 7 please contact the Service Desk:
To log a call, log into the Service Desk Helpdesk system or alternatively.....
- Phone the Service Desk on 0300 500 5055 (ext 5055 internally)
- Email ITServiceDesk@uwtsd.ac.uk
- In person at your local IT Service Desk