00545 - Service Desk Operator
Vacancy Reference: 00545
Full Time, Fixed Term until 9th February 2018
An opportunity has arisen for a Service Desk Operator within the Information Technology and Systems team at the University of Wales Trinity Saint David’s Swansea campus.
The post holder will provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the University’s managed desktop environment. The post holder will log requests and incidents via the IT Service Desk system and will provide end-user assistance in person, by telephone, or via e-mail in a timely and accurate manner. The post will be based on the IT Service Desk on our Mount Pleasant campus providing 1st line IT support to students and staff, but may also involve installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading local PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance when required.
The post holder will require:
• A good level of general education
• Excellent customer service skills, including experience of dealing with people both on the phone and in person
• Previous experience in providing high quality technical support
• Previous experience of using IT Service Desk software to log issues/requests
• Possess good technical knowledge including PC Hardware, Software and basic networks
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David can offer a generous 28 days annual leave entitlement, plus 8 statutory days and 4 University closure days per year, an employer pension scheme and is a highly technical and innovative place to work.
Please note: in order to apply and be considered for the post you will need to complete an application form, as CVs are only accepted as supporting documents to a completed form.
Campus: Swansea Campus
Salary: £18,412 - £20,624 per annum
Application Deadline Date: 03.04.2017
Tel: 01267 676842