Casual Operations Assistant: Domestic (Cleaner)
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David is looking to recruit casual Operations Assistants: Domestic (Cleaners) on the Carmarthen and Lampeter campuses for the summer period.
The requirement to provide excellent customer service and flexibility to support any areas of the Facilities department in order to deliver an efficient customer focused service will be a crucial part of the role.
Post holders will provide general cleaning duties, including:
• Cleaning in a thorough, accurate and timely manner with appropriate attention to detail.
• Planning cleaning of own designated areas, in an efficient and effective manner.
• Occasionally undertaking the cleaning of body fluids/substances, ensuring that such spillages are dealt with promptly and correctly, in line with the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations.
• Communicating with the Team Leader to inform them of maintenance issues, problems, difficulties or immediately identified faults that prevent service delivery, as agreed.
• Being aware of and immediately reporting any potential workplace/personal Health & Safety hazards.
• Completing maintenance report forms which are forwarded to the Estates department.
• Transporting necessary cleaning materials and equipment from area to area, and ensuring that they are kept in a clean and safe working order.
• Moving furniture as necessary in order to clean all designated areas.
Please note: in order to apply and be considered for the post you will need to complete an application form, as CVs are only accepted as supporting documents to a completed form.
Location: Carmarthen and Lampeter Campuses
Salary: National Minimum Wage:
25 and over - £7.50
21 to 24 - £7.05
18 to 20 - £5.60
Under 18 - £4.05
Application Deadline Date: 21.07.2017
Tel: 01267 676842