00708 - Service Desk Technician
Full Time, Permanent
An opportunity has arisen for a Service Desk Technician within the Information Technology and Systems team at the University of Wales Trinity Saint David Carmarthen campus.
The Service Desk Technician’s role is to provide 1st and 2nd line IT support for end users to receive support and maintenance within the University’s desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The role will also troubleshoot problem areas via our IT Service Desk system (as well as in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
Knowledge & Experience Required
- Proficiency in spoken / conversational Welsh is essential for this post
- Previous experience in providing high quality technical support
- Excellent technical knowledge of desktop hardware
- Excellent customer service skills
- Hands-on IT troubleshooting experience
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards
- Experience of common software tools, components and peripheral accessories
In return for meeting the above criteria, the University offers a holiday entitlement of 28 days per year, the USS employer pension scheme, and a highly technical and innovative place to work.
Please note: in order to apply and be considered for the post you will need to complete an application form, as CVs are only accepted as supporting documents to a completed form.
Department: Information Services
Campus: Carmarthen Campus
Salary: £18,777 - £20,989 per annum
Application Deadline Date: 27.02.2018
Tel: 01267 676842