00750 - Library Casual Workers
Casual (minimum of 4 hours per week), Fixed Term until June 2019
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David is looking to recruit Library Casual Workers at their Carmarthen, Lampeter and Swansea campuses.
Duties will include:
- helping users use self-service kiosks
- responding to routine enquiries from users of the Library
- collecting books and journals requiring shelving
- sorting unshelved items into classification and/or subject order in accordance with established procedures in preparation for reshelving
- shelving books, journals and other library materials and tidying the shelves as directed
- processing new materials
- noting faults relating to equipment and refilling printers and photocopiers with paper as required
- assisting with reading list checking
- undertaking simple repairs of books and journals so that they can be returned quickly to the shelves for users
- assisting with general building issues, including dealing with emergencies (e.g water leaks)
- assisting security staff with opening and closing procedures of the library
- ensuring users are complying with library regulations
Full details of the role can be found in the Job Description, below.
Please note: in order to apply and be considered for the post you will need to complete an application form, as CVs are only accepted as supporting documents to a completed form.
Location: Carmarthen, Lampeter and Swansea campuses
Campus: Swansea Campus
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Application Deadline Date: 30.05.2018
Tel: 01267 676842