Lampeter Bridging Weekend
UWTSD Lampeter Campus Bridging Weekend is a free event for Welsh domiciled 6th formers who have Autism Spectrum Condition, Asperger’s Syndrome or an unseen disability.
Transitioning from school or college can be a daunting prospect for anyone, Lampeter’s Transition Weekend will give you an opportunity to experience university life on campus with the chance to develop independent living skills and an opportunity to find out more about what support you would be likely to get at the University.
The weekend starts at 2pm on Friday the 27 of July and runs until 10am on Monday the 30 July and includes:
- Free 3 overnight stay in halls on campus with food
- Academic Sessions
- Social activities on both nights
- First-hand experience of the support UWTSD Lampeter has to offer such as:
- Specialist Academic Support
- Specialist Mentoring for students with Autistic Spectrum Condition and/or Mental Health Difficulties
- Organisational and Planning Support
- Practical Support
- Notetaking Support
- Assistive Technology Support
- Support with Disabled Students’ Allowance Applications and DSA Process
We can offer this event to a maximum of 20 applicants. Bookings will be taken on a first come basis, so please book early to reserve your place.
Parents are welcome to attend the weekend if they wish. Contact Lisa Corcoran on the details provided above. We plan to have separate sessions for parents detailing what Disabled Students Allowance entails, the application and assessment process, technological support available and an opportunity to met support staff and academics.