Travelling to Lampeter
Lampeter is in the heart of Wales, about 4 hours 30 minutes by road from London or Manchester.
The nearest international airports are Cardiff and Birmingham. Rail services come as far as Aberystwyth to the north, and Carmarthen to the south.
There are also TrawsCambria coach links from Cardiff and Swansea in the south, and Holyhead in the north with local buses connecting to Lampeter.
The University is situated in the centre of Lampeter on the A485 (coming from the South we are towards Tregaron).
Useful Travel Links
- Traveline Cymru - Information on planning your journey , by bus, coach or train
- National Rail Enquiries - Britain's Rail Network
- National Express - Britain's Coach Network
- Local Bus Timetalbles - First Cymru (T1)
- AA Route Planner - Great Britain
From the south
If you are coming by road, the M4 will bring you as far as Pont Abraham services, then take the A48 towards Carmarthen (about another 15 minutes). At the end of the A48, follow the signs to Llandeilo at the first two roundabouts and at the third roundabout follow the A485 to Lampeter (about another 35 minutes).
From the north
Travelling by car from the north or midlands, head for Aberystwyth and then take the A487 to Aberaeron and the A482 to Lampeter.
Cardiff to Lampeter
Edinburgh to Lampeter
Dublin to Lampeter
|London to Lampeter
4 hours 30 minutes
|Manchester to Lampeter
4 hours 30 mins
|York to Lampeter
Our nearest mainline railway stations are -
- Carmarthen for Cardiff, London and Southern England
- Aberystwyth for the Midlands, the North and Scotland.
Travel from the railway stations to Lampeter can be by taxi or bus (see below)
Birmingham Airport flights, and the Eurohub Terminal for UK and European destinations
Cardiff (Wales) Airport
Cardiff-Wales Airport has scheduled daily services to many European cities, worldwide connections can be made throughout the year via Amsterdam. You can also fly to Gatwick, Heathrow, Birmingham and Manchester.
Cardiff Airport Bus Link
This is a relatively new service which takes passengers from Cardiff Central Station to Cardiff Airport and vice versa, buses run hourly at 40 minutes past the hour from 8.40 to 18.40.
Heathrow Airport has four terminals, all may be reached by tube (Piccadilly line), terminals one, two and three at one station, four at another.
British airlines flies around the world from Terminal 4, all other airlines from terminals 1, 2 or 3.
Gatwick Airport has two major terminals. All terminals may be reached by train. The Gatwick Express leaves from Victorian station every 30 minutes. The Thames link line also travels to Gatwick
Manchester Airport can be reached direct by train. Manchester is an international airport with departures to destinations across the globe.
- Gatwick Airport: 01293 517755
- Heathrow Airport: 0181 759 4321
- Cardiff (Wales) Airport: 01446 711111
- Manchester Airport: 0161 489 3000
- Birmingham Airport: 0121 767 5511
- Chris Cabs (Lampeter): 07800 718162
- R & T Taxis (Lampeter): 07794 045888
- Rob's Taxis (Lampeter): 07977 817325
- Ace Taxis (Carmarthen): 01267 222712
- Taxi (Aberystwyth): 01970 627070
- Trawscambria ( Bus Service): 01970 611977
- Rail enquiries (24 hr): 0345 484950