As Director of CIRIC, James’ focus is to create a thriving research and knowledge transfer environment. Since 2005, when CIRIC was established, CIRIC teams have supported the research of 23 academic staff.
CIRIC staff have raised over £14 million to support all of its activity.
James’ strategy focuses on growth via the following areas:
- To support staff to secure research funding from a variety of external sources including Research Grants and the EU.
- Building partnerships with HEIs and SMEs to develop collaborative research and research contracts.
- Creating external opportunities for staff and students to work with Industry.
- Establishing links with international partners
James’ personal research interests are in the areas of digital modelling for creative practice.
The focus of James’ research is the development and financing of innovative content for the media and entertainment industry. The main challenge is to develop ideas with a strong narrative foundation that transfer across media platforms.
Tel: +44 (0) 1792 481 253
Full academic profile
Recent projects that James was responsible for include:
- Project Director – Moving Image Wales (£455,000)
- Project Co-Director – Textiles Technology Project (£475,000)
- Project Director – Moving Image Wales 2 (£347,000)