The Centre for Language Study, Education and Community is a partnership between the School of Welsh and Bilingual Studies and Iaith: the Welsh centre for language planning.
Purpose of the Centre
To develop training and educational activities in relation to language planning, to promote the use of Welsh and develop bilingual skills.
To develop a joint research programme on themes relevant to language, education and community.
The initial programme of work includes:
- Supporting developments in the context of the new Welsh Medium Education Strategy
- The development of research projects in the field of language, education and community
- The creation of a postgraduate certificate in applied language planning
- The development of language planning modules at undergraduate level
- The accreditation of in service training provided by IAITH
- Establishing means whereby prior learning and experience in the field can be accredited.
Directors: Dr Christine Jones/ Gareth Ioan