Connected to Business and Industry
The concept of a city university Waterfront Innovation Quarter will set Swansea apart from any other city in Wales.
Swansea will lead the way in establishing an economic and cultural model which facilitates integration and drives enterprise growth. As well as being an economic hub, the Swansea Waterfront Innovation Quarter will also be a catalyst for further external investment into the region. It will deliver clear economic and commercial benefits to attract companies, partnerships and investment, and therefore create a critical mass of expertise.
In addition, close business and industry relationships will allow us to continue producing employable graduates and create skills development opportunities relevant to employers.
Download the Investment Prospectus here.
“This development will provide the University with the opportunity to develop modern purpose-designed teaching facilities for students and staff and enable it to develop closer links with local businesses for the benefit of the economy.”
Edwina Hart AM, Welsh Minister for Economy, Science and Transport
The Swansea Waterfront Innovation Quarter will:
- Establish Centres of Excellence across different sectors which will deliver clear economic and commercial benefits
- Build an integrated innovation and enterprise ecosystem which caters for knowledge transfer collaboration between industry and academia
- Drive social, cultural and economic development by providing companies with access to advice and support allied to technological capacity and know how
- Provide high quality incubation space for companies, entrepreneurs and graduates
- Create a critical mass of expertise and technology which will attract new companies, partnerships and investment
- Provide opportunities for employee growth through a Centre for Continuing Professional Development
- Bring best practice to Wales and show the best of Welsh creativity and innovation
- Build on the extensive industrial links that exist through the University’s Creative Industries Research and Innovation Centre (CIRIC) and will connect with the UWTSD's Cultural Quarter campuses on Alexandra Road in the city centre
- Drive the regeneration of the city and region
“This is development, at the heart of the city, will allow the business district, and the economy, to thrive.”
Juliet Luporini, Chair, Swansea Business Improvement District (BID)