Andrew C Reynolds
Mr Andrew Reynolds BEd, PG Dip Ed, MA, PhD
Senior Lecturer in Education Studies
Tel: +44 (0) 1792 482024
- Senior Lecturer on 6 Modules in Townhill and TSD (Module Leader on 5 of them).
- Timetable /CELCAT School Coordinator
- Faculty Rep on University Committee for Marketing
- Module Leader x5 , Research Committee (Faculty)
- Personal tutor.
Before University Teaching-Primary School Teacher (NPT), Primary SENco (NPT), Deputy Headteacher (RCT), Acting Headteacher (RCT), Manager of Community Education Projects (NPT).
University Teaching-Lecturer (P/T) at Swansea University, Lecturer (p/T) University of Glamorgan, Lecturer (P/T) UWE. Swansea Metropolitan- Lecturer (2007 F/T) on Primary PGCE, Assistant Director Primary PGCE, Ed Studies Programme Director (2009-12),Timetable /CELCAT School Coordinator, Faculty Rep on University Committee for Marketing, Module Leader x5 , Research Committee (Faculty), Admissions Officer -Disabled(Faculty-2012/13).
British Education Studies Association (BESA) –National Executive Member (Chair 2012-13), Fellow of Chartered Institute of Education Assessment (FCIEA), member of Historical Association, Vice-Chair of Governors Cilffriw Primary School, Neath.
- M4x00156 - History and Contemporary Issues
- M5x00160 - Culture, Identity and Education
- M6x00172 - Curriculum Studies
- M6x00166 - Education Dissertation
- M6x00167 - Policy and politics in Education
- SJPE6004 - Enterprise and Business in Education (TSD Campus)
- PhD ongoing into Informal Education (Lifelong Learning)
- Primary Education
- Romano-Celtic Archaeology
Teaching/Research expertise includes History of Education (Wales /UK), Education Policy, Primary School Practice, ALN/SEN, History and Archaeology.
- British Education Studies Association National Executive Member, Chair of BESA 2012/13, National Conference Coordinator June 2013, Editorial Board of ‘E-Futures’ Journal.
- Presented paper at BESA Conference 2013.
- Reviewed two academic texts for British Journal of Education and E-Futures Journal 2013.
- School Governor-Chair (2012-16).
- External Examiner at Manchester Metropolitan University-Education Studies Portfolio BA/MA (2013-17).
- Externality/Consultancy/ Publications/Research
- FACE Conference Reports 2002 ‘Informal Learning and ESF Projects in South Wales’ - Published 2003 (University of East London).
- NIACE - Dysgu Cymru ‘Local Legends and Myths’ - CD Published 2003, NIACE.
- Neath Antiquarian Society 2005 ‘The Local Legacy of Llyn Fawr Hoard’-Published 2006 (NAS Pubs).
- ESRC Research Seminar 2005 ‘Informal Learning in a South Wales Valley Community’- Presented at University Of Staffordshire (06/05)
- NMGW All Wales Research Conference 2006 ‘Key Stage 2 Pupils and Archaeology’.
- ACCAC-Acting as consultant on development of Key Stage 2 History National Curriculum in Wales (ongoing)
- UWS-DACE 2006 ‘Know your Place: History of Upper Neath Valley’-(Publication 12/07).
- UALL-Cymru 2006 Conference (Llandrindod Wells )): ‘Informal Learning and ESF Projects’ Research Paper Presented.
- School Governor at Cilffriw Primary School, Neath 2007
- BESA-2008 Conference (Hope University and JMU, Liverpool): ‘Community Education and Informal Learning’ Research Paper accepted for Presentation.
- External Examiner-Plymouth (Marjon) 2008-2012 B Ed Primary
- External Moderator for Sheffield Hallam University on Education Studies Network (2009)
- Elected Member of British Educational Studies Association (BESA) 2009
- BESA-2010 Conference (Bangor): ‘Educational Placements-Where do we go from here?’ Research Paper Presented.
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Educational Assessors (FCIEA)-2010
- Editorial Board of ‘Educational Futures’ Journal 2011
- ‘Primary History’ Journal on ‘Teaching Chronology in the Primary Classroom’ (March 2012).
- British Educational Studies Association (BESA)-Vice Chair 2011/12.
- Vice-Chair of Governors at Cilffriw Primary School 2011
- Research Project ‘Employability and Education Studies’ - Manchester Metropolitan University/HEA 2012
- British Educational Studies Association- Chair 2012/13.
- Teaching Award (Faculty of Humanities) Swansea Metropolitan University 2013
- BESA 2013 Conference (Swansea Met): ‘England and Wales Education Policy since 1999’ Research Paper accepted for Presentation
- External Examiner-Manchester Metropolitan University 2013-17 BA Education and MA Education Studies
- Welsh Assembly- Consultant on National Curriculum History (2008).
- Submitted papers at BESA National Conference since 2008-2013
- Organised/Coordinated National BESA Conference at Swansea June 2013 (75 delegates)