Mrs Gwyneth Davies BA, MA
Tel: +44 (0) 1267 676916
- Module coordinator for level 4, 5 and 6 undergraduate modules
- Programme Director for MA Early Childhood and MA Early Literacy
- School representative for NSS
- School representative on VLE group
After working extensively within the early years field (as a practitioner and NVQ assessor) I decided to enrol on the MA Early Years Education and graduated in 2010. In September 2010 I was employed as a lecturer in the School of Early Years and became a full time lecturer in January 2013.
- Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol
- Plant yng Nghymru (Children in Wales)
My academic interests include children’s well-being, reflective practice, safeguarding and language/literacy development. I lecture and coordinate modules connected with these themes. I also the Programme Coordinator and lecturer on the Integrated Master and MA programmes and supervise postgraduate students.
My research interests include the role of practitioners in supporting children’s well-being through language, effective interactions and reflection.
- Principles and ethics of early years care and education
- Reflective practice
- Early Literacy
I have contributed to the revalidation of the BA programme and the pilot for the blended MA module. I was involved in the development and validation of the MA Early Literacy.