Miss Katherine Clewett HND, BA (Hons), PGCE, MA HEA Fellow of UWTSD
Programme Director Cert HE Art & Design Foundation
3D Specialist Tutor, Module co-ordinator for Advanced Visual Enquiry
Tel: +44 (0) 01792 481046
Programme Director; responsible for the organisation of modules, staff and the day-to-day running of the new Cert HE Art and Design Foundation course. My main objectives are to co-ordinate and deliver a comprehensive and dynamic teaching programme through lectures, seminars, practical workshops and tutorials.
Other responsibilities include 3D Specialist Subject Tutor on Foundation and module co-ordinator for Advanced Visual Inquiry and dissertation supervisor on Illustration BA.
Graduated from Carmarthen UWTSD with first class BA Hons in Sculpture and progressed on PGCE at UWTSD Swansea. Since obtaining these qualifications I have taught:
- Fine art sculpture, Carmarthen
- Visual studies Foundation, Carmarthen
- Summer School tutor, UWTSD, Swansea
- Visual studies, Curatorial practice at Mission Gallery
I have worked for UWTSD for nearly 18 years. Throughout my time here I have worked as a technician, 3D Specialist Subject and Visual Studies Tutor, and also a ACE module co-ordinator on the Illustration degree programme.
Recently I have been made Programme Director for the new Cert ED Art and Design Foundation course. I continue to develop my personal practice as an artist/designer.
Fellow of the HEA Higher Education Academy
- Programme Director Cert HE Art and Design Foundation
- 3D Specialist Tutor Cert HE Art and Design Foundation
- Module Co-ordinator Illustration BA
- Dissertation Supervisor
- Practising artist/designer
My work forms part of an ongoing investigation into how specific spaces can be occupied and mapped simultaneously. The subjective nature of mapping allows for alternative narratives to exist in the same place at the same time, an arena with boundaries to test and spaces to explore.
Drawing creates a foundation to all the work; the use of line is visible throughout. The work has seen a transformation of line into thread and a shift from 2D to 3D. The drawing is considered as mapmaking, discussing the fixed towards transitional.
Recent work takes into account the idea of the fixed and the fluid. Incorporating pulley systems and anchor points, the work discusses ‘relational’ concepts of how the body moves and behaves in a given space.
Currently Collaborating with Artists Jason and Becky on a Successful Arts Council Bid.
Full research profile
Many years of experience of lecturing in FE and HE. Qualified and experienced in Sculpture, 3D Design, Textiles, Drawing, Illustration and Curating.
- Curator for Raising the Bar, portfolio and Crew Celf at Mission Gallery Swansea, National, Waterfront Gallery, Pontadawe Arts Centre, June/July 2016
- Gathered Again, Curator, Mission Gallery Swansea, 20/06/15 – 2/08/15Maker in Focus, Oriel Wrexham, 28/11/15 - 08/ 01/16
- Curate ‘PROCESS’ National Waterfront Gallery - 10/11/15
- Gold and Green: Symposium Organiser, Symposium in ALEX Design Exchange, UWTSD, 27/06/15
- Time let me play: staff exhibition at National Waterfront Museum, 06/06/15 – 28/06/15