Pamela Ann Murray
Mrs Pamela Murray MA; MaPdet.; B.Sc. (Hons); PGCE
Programme Director - Public Services
Tel: +44 (0) 1792 481723
- Lead on undergraduate Public Services awards
- Delivery on undergraduate Public Services and business modules
- Level tutor for Public Services awards, year 2 & 3.
- External Examiner for UCS: Fd Management & Uniformed Public Services.
Pam has over 30 year’s academic experience in economics and business, with recent emphasis on the economics, leadership and management within public services. This interest has developed due to the growth of the public sector, especially with public sector employment within Wales continuing to grow as a percentage of total employment.
Pam has experienced delivering education at secondary, tertiary and within Higher Education. Heading a successful Business and Economics department within a comprehensive school, programme leader for the Higher National Certificate in Business and programme director for Public Services awards at University of Wales Trinity St David’s.
Being a company secretary to a private limited company helps underpin Pam’s business academic work, placing theory into practice.
Pam’s sailing instructor qualification and outward bound activities integrate well into Public Services awards, with their emphasis on extra- curricular activities and fitness.
Member of British Mountaineering Council
- PGCE Business
- PGCE Mentor
- D32/33 Assessors’ Award TDLB
- Business Environment
- Business Statistics
- Public Sector Environment
- Employability within the Public Sector
- Adventure activities and Fitness
- Work Placement supervisor
- Research project supervisor
- Dissertation supervisor
- CIPD Managing Information for Competitive Advantage
- Student Finance
- Public Sector Employability
- Health & safety/risk assessment
Present professional and voluntary positions
- Member of British Mountaineering Council
- Swansea metropolitan Police Volunteer Scheme, METPOL
- Swansea metropolitan Fire and Rescue Service Volunteer Scheme, METFIRE
- Swansea metropolitan Prison Volunteer Scheme, METPRISON
- Partnership agreement with Babcock International PLC, for fire service training.
- Informal partnership with South Wales Police developing the Certificate in Knowledge of Policing, CKP.
- Walking Guided Leader as certified by the British Mountaineering Council
- RYA sailing instructor
Previous professional and voluntary positions
- Police Forum NPIA
- Policing & Law Enforcement HE Forum
- South Wales Business Review
- Mid Glamorgan panel for Business Studies (TVEI)
2011-2013 Member of the Editorial Panel for the South Wales Business Review
Murray, P.A, (1992). The Welsh Development Agency, South Wales Business Review. Swansea Institute of Higher education