SWANSEA Information Technology & Systems
Welcome to Information Technology & Systems
Information Technology & Systems provides services and support to over 12,000 students and staff at the University campuses in Carmarthen, Lampeter, London and Swansea. Our services range from email and internet access to state-of-the-art learning and studying facilities, software and high performance computing.
The Service Delivery team are responsible for:
- IT Service Desk support for staff and students
- Supporting computer rooms/areas
- Ensuring that IT resources are fully functional to all students and staff
Information Systems (IS)
The Information Systems team are responsible for:
- Providing IT administration and support for the University's business systems
- Providing the mechanisms to obtain and monitor key strategic data
- Managing and redeveloping the student academic management systems
The IT Infrastructure team is responsible for:
- IT infrastructure, including the voice and data network not only for the whole University but for the halls of residence as well.
- Management of network security and the University’s email and desktop systems
- Project management of key IT projects
The University recognises that Information Technology is an indispensable tool in the delivery and management of learning and is essential to support both the academic and administrative activities of the University.
For students, there are a number of strategically situated facilities on all campuses, managed by the Information Technology & Systems support team. Access to networked facilities, including e-mail and the Internet, is made available to all staff and students registered at the University. Student Rooms in campus-based halls of residence have 100% wireless coverage for computer network connectivity for those students seeking to use their own workstations. Staff and Students can also make use of the Wireless network facilities across all campuses.
Technical support is available during office hours and all requests are dealt with taking account of priority.