Introduction to Marketing
The introduction to marketing module is designed to give learners a basic understanding of the theory and concepts underpinning marketing, and to give them an insight into marketing principles and practice.
- Market research, environmental considerations and industry analysis
- The concepts of market segmentation and target marketing and their use in developing marketing strategies
- Determining the different marketing techniques for products and services
- Different approaches to marketing management including the 4 p's approach
- Cost considerations and strategies
- Channels of distribution
- Promotion and marketing communication activities and their relevance to marketing mix, perceptions and brand equity Marketing philosophies
This module is aimed at people who would like an insight into marketing principles and practice.
Dr Rhianon Washington
Exemplar: Produce a formal report based on an organisation with which you are familiar identifying and outlining marketing principles in action.
No entry requirements
You will be required to attend two teaching days at the Carmarthen Campus. These days will provide you with a secure foundation to begin your study. Throughout this module you will be supported by a Tutor. This support can either be face-to-face, via telephone, email or Skype – or a mix of all these.
This module can be funded through ESF for eligible participants. Please contact email@example.com or 01267 225167 for further information.