Accommodation for International Students

A bright study bedroom with a desk, daybed and wardrobe.

Our University residences offer you a sense of community, creating that perfect home away from home.

Students will be accommodated in single occupancy rooms with shared kitchens.

The positive experience that you will receive whilst living in our residences will stand you in good stead for your future, creating friendships and memories that will remain with you for life.

How to apply for Accommodation

You can apply for Accommodation provided that you have firmly accepted your offer from UWTSD.

Please download and complete the form UWTSD International Student Application for Residential Accommodation

-  then email it to

Information about accommodation on each of our campus locations can be downloaded below:

Prices and Contracts

We now providing some flexible contracts to align with your studies and for you to be able to stay with us when you need to.

See below for a breakdown of those flexible agreements.

If you would like to take up a flexible agreement or have any queries, please contact the Accommodation Team.

Residential Terms and Conditions

Students who accept an offer of accommodation in the University's Halls of Residence must abide by the terms and conditions. 

Students are reminded to refer to terms and conditions throughout the contract period.

Any queries regarding the Regulations for Students in Halls of Residence should be directed to the Accommodation Manager.


  • If the Resident is unhappy with a decision made by the University or the steps taken by the University in respect of the Agreement and/or if the Resident considers that the University has breached its obligations under this Agreement, in the first instance, any complaint should be referred to the Accommodation Department to investigate.
  • If your complaint is still not resolved, it is possible to report this via the Procedures for Academic Appeals, Complaints and Other Student Cases procedure,  which can be found in the Academic Quality Handbook, where you will need to complete the GA5 Formal Complaint Form.
  • Formal complaints must be received no more than 1 month after the informal procedure has ended (where appropriate) and no more than 6 months after the main issue complained about occurring. Formal complaints received after these deadlines will be deemed to be out of time. They may not be considered unless there is independent evidence to show compelling reasons why the formal complaint was not raised in a timely manner.
Endsleigh – Student Possessions Insurance

Endsleigh logo

Register now to confirm your cover

Ahead of arriving, spend a couple of minutes confirming your cover by registering with My Endsleigh.


It’s easy to underestimate the value of your possessions, and we're not just talking about your laptop and phone. Items such as your clothes, hairdryers and other smaller gadgets, like Fitbits and watches can all add up.

The great news is that we include insurance for all the students who live with us, by partnering with Endsleigh, the No.1 student insurance provider.

Student insurance explained

Register and you could win!

As a welcome treat, Endsleigh are giving away £100 a week for a year* to one lucky student and you will also be automatically entered into the prize draw when you register for My Endsleigh, below:

Register now

What is My Endsleigh?

My Endsleigh is a personalised account area for your insurance policy. Once registered, you can confirm the contents cover arranged by us, then instantly access your cover details and policy documents, as well as contact the claims team at any time. 

It’s also packed with loads of useful products and information to help you through your first year at Uni, including:

  • My Uni – student city guides –everything you’ll need to know about your new uni town. From top eats to best nightlife, in one place
  • Student-friendly insurance products such as gadget, motor, and bicycle
  • 24-hour Wellbeing support

Register here

*Terms and Conditions apply

UniKitOut - The 'One Stop Shop' for Student Essentials

Once you have secured your room in halls you may then want to start thinking about what to bring with you onto campus.

UniKitOut are an online store that can provide HUGE discounts on many of the following items:

  • Bedding Packs
  • Kitchen Packs
  • Bathroom and Towel Packs
  • Student Combo Packs
  • Electricals
  • Accessories and much more!

All items once purchased can also be delivered directly to your room on campus so they are waiting for you when you arrive.

Browse their offers online today

Uni Kit Out Logo

Frequently Asked Questions

What is provided for me in my room?
All rooms in halls of residence come fully furnished, the fixtures and fittings include a bed with mattress, desk and chair, wardrobe, shelving, bedside cabinet and en-suite bathroom.
You will be required to complete a room inventory upon your arrival.

Do I need a TV licence?
Information is available from TV Licensing

Does my room have an internet connection?
Every bedroom in halls of residence will have access to a free wireless internet connection. 

Do I need to arrange insurance for my belongings?
Student possessions insurance has been provided through Endsleigh for every student who is living at our student residences. This covers a range of belongings inside your room, including laptops, sports and electrical equipment, clothes and frozen food. This has been arranged by the University at no extra cost to the student. If you wish to check what is covered under the policy then please take a look at the insurance certificate in the Endsleigh Insurance section above.

What do I need to bring with me?
Students are required to bring their own bedding, towels, coat hangers, cooking utensils (including cutlery and crockery), cleaning and washing products, dishcloths, tea towels, food etc. 

Is there a bus service?
Regular bus services run between sites and the town. Bus timetables will be provided to students on arrival into halls of residence.

Are there items I shouldn’t bring with me?
Items that are not permitted include: candles, incense sticks, fairy lights, deep fat fryers, pets including goldfish, large items of furniture or equipment are not allowed in Halls of Residence for Health and Safety and Fire Safety reasons.

Can I bring my car?
Residential students must register their cars on or before Registration Day.   Any car parking fees due must be paid prior or on the day of registration.   Please refer to the Guide to Residential Living for further details on parking arrangements. 

The University reserves the right to not provide parking facilities for residential students or to provide off-campus facilities for parking for residential students. Residential student parking zones may be allocated according to the year of study, the location of accommodation or any other reason defined by the University. Residential student parking areas are defined within the Guide for Residential Living. 

The University reserves the right to withdraw car parking facilities from students who are in continual breach of car parking regulations.

What laundry facilities are available?
Washing machines and dryers are located between Archbishop Noakes Blocks 1 and 2 and Archbishop Noakes Blocks 3 and 4. 

Who is responsible for cleaning?
All students living in halls of residence are responsible for keeping the accommodation clean and tidy. 

Where do I collect my mail?
Letters can be collected from the Security Lodge, which is situated at the rear of the Dewi Building between the following times:

  • 12 noon to 1.00pm
  • 4.30pm  to 5.30pm
  • 9.00pm  to 10.00pm

Can I stay on Campus during the holidays?
Your license agreement covers the use of your room for 38 weeks, which includes the Christmas and Easter holidays.

Contact the Accommodation Team

Contact the Accommodation Team if you need more information.


 The University follows current Welsh Government Guidelines in relation to COVID for keeping Wales Safe:-

  • Get both jabs and your booster
  • Outdoors is safer than indoors
  • If you have symptoms, stay at home and avoid contact with other people
  • Wear a mask in healthcare settings and crowded indoor places.

For further advice and assistance please check the tile on the or the Welsh Government Website.