UWTSD Home  -  Student Life  -  Student Accommodation  -  Lampeter Accommodation

Accommodation on the Lampeter Campus

Lampeter Accommodation

All Trinity Saint David accommodation at Lampeter is located on the main campus. We are able to accommodate, first, second, third and postgraduate students in our self-catered accommodation.

  • Our University residences offer you a sense of community that creates that perfect home away from home.
  • Lampeter has excellent sports and leisure facilities located on-site.
  • We accommodate students in en-suite single occupancy rooms.
  • The positive experience that you will receive whilst living in our residences will stand you in good stead for your future, with friendships and memories that will remain with you for life.
  • Disabled students should contact the Accommodation Office with details of their requirements prior to applying for accommodation.

Lampeter Campus contains 194 single occupancy self-catered ensuite rooms and 92 single occupancy standard rooms.‌

The following arrangements are available to new students:

  • En-suite Self-Catering - Flats of 4/7 single rooms, each room with its own shower, toilet and hand basin with a shared lounge/kitchen.
  • Welsh speaking students can request to be located in a flat / area with other Welsh speakers.   Please ensure that you mark clearly on your application form.
  • The licence period is for 39 weeks running from 13 September 2019 to 12 June 2020. Rooms do not need to be vacated during Christmas and Easter vacations.
  • A deposit of £250 must be paid by all students. This fee will be retained as a bond for the session. Students will be informed of any changes for damages/fines incurred during their stay and will be invoiced accordingly.   The £250 Bond will be refunded within 28 working days from the end of the Licence Agreement (12 June 2020).

You may apply for accommodation provided you have a 'Conditional' or 'Unconditional' offer from the University.

If the University is your second choice, applications should not be made until after exam results in August. If you would like to apply for accommodation, please complete the application form below.

Lampeter Application Form 2020/21

‌‌‌‌‌Returning students may apply for accommodation, but will not be allocated rooms unless all accommodation fees to the University are paid.
Returning Students Application Form Lampeter 19/20

Whether you live in close proximity to the University or are coming from further afield, the University halls of residence are an option for you. Rooms are allocated on a first come - first served basis to students seeking accommodation for a full academic year, medical conditions that are disclosed to the Accommodation Department will be taken into account.  Any other requirements will be considered after the initial allocation process has been completed.

A student will be able to apply for a place on campus provided they hold a conditional or unconditional offer from the University.   If the University is your second choice, applications should not be made until after exam results in August.

If students have any queries regarding the above, please contact the Accommodation Department

‌‌‌Students who accept an offer of accommodation in the Universities halls of residence are required to abide by the Terms and Conditions as set out by the University. A copy of which is provided below.

Students are reminded to refer to the Terms and Conditions throughout the contract period.

Guide to Residential Living

Any queries regarding the Regulations for Students in Halls of Residence should be directed to the Accommodation Manager.

For those who would prefer to live in private let houses, you can browse through the properties registered with Trinity Saint David.

*Please be advised that the University accepts no liability for the information provided by the Landlord, it is the responsibility of the student to check whether the information contained on the site is accurate. The University accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the information provided on the site and in no way approves, recommends or warrants as to the suitability of any accommodation listed on this site.

Endsleigh Insurance LogoUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David is working in partnership with Endsleigh to provide you with some contents insurance. It is important for you to check this cover, so please follow the steps below to ensure that you fully understand the protection provided. Your policy number is HH1234 visit Endsleigh's review cover pages to check your policy details: 

  • Check what is covered.
  • Check out our support videos
  • Chat to our experts through Live Web Chat.
  • Check how to make a claim.
  • Extend and personalise your cover. 

It is important to find out exactly what you are covered for as you may find that you require an additional cover to protect all your possessions both inside and outside of your room. 

Endsleigh’s new student gadget bundles allow you to ensure multiple gadgets anywhere in the UK and up to 30 days worldwide. The following three bundles are available depending on the value of your gadgets.  

  • £500 phone and £500 laptop or gadget
  • £750 phone and £750 laptop or gadget
  • £750 phone and £1,500 laptop or gadget

Endsleigh are the UK's No. 1 insurance providers for students and are the only insurance provider recommended by NUS. Over the last 50 years, they have used their expertise to help shape their products, services, contents and tools around their customers’ needs.

They understand that protecting and replacing gadgets quickly is hugely important to students, that’s why they introduced their 24 hour* gadget replacement promise. (If your item is lost, stolen or unrepairable they’ll replace it within 24 hours - 1 working day of your claim being approved.) Policy excesses apply.

‌Once you have secured your room in halls, you may then want to start thinking about what to bring with you onto campus.

UniKitOut are an online store that can provide HUGE discounts on many of the following items:

  • Bedding Packs
  • Kitchen Packs
  • Bathroom & Towel Packs
  • Student Combo Packs
  • Electricals
  • Accessories and much more!

All items once purchased can also be delivered directly to your room on campus so they are waiting for you when you arrive.

Browse their offers online today

Uni Kit Out Logo

What is provided for me in my room?
All rooms in halls of residence come fully furnished, the fixtures and fittings include a bed with mattress, desk and chair, hand wash basin, mirror, wardrobe, shelving, and bedside cabinet. - You will be required to complete a room inventory upon your arrival.

Do I need a TV licence?
Information is available from TV Licensing

Does my room have an internet connection?
Every bedroom in halls of residence will have access to a free wireless internet connection. 

Do I need to arrange insurance for my belongings?
Student possessions insurance has been provided through Endsleigh for every student who is living at our student residences. This covers a range of belongings inside your room, including laptops, sports and electrical equipment, clothes and frozen food. This has been arranged by the University at no extra cost to the student. If you wish to check what is covered under the policy then please take a look at the insurance certificate in the Endsleigh Insurance section above.

What do I need to bring with me?
Students are required to bring their own bedding, towels, coat hangers, cooking utensils (including cutlery and crockery), cleaning and washing products, dish cloths, tea towels, food etc. A list of recommended items to bring with you will be sent to you by email prior to your arrival on the campus

Is there a bus service?
Bus timetables will be provided to students on arrival into halls of residence.

Are there items I shouldn’t bring with me?
Items which are not permitted include: candles, incense sticks, fairy lights, chip fryers, pets including goldfish, large items of furniture or equipment are not allowed in Halls of Residence for Health and Safety and Fire Safety reasons.

Can I bring my car?
Residential students must register their cars on or before Registration Day.   Any car parking fees due must be paid prior to or on the day of registration. Please refer to the Guide to Residential Living for further details on parking arrangements. 

The University reserves the right to not provide parking facilities for residential students or to provide off-campus facilities for parking for residential students. Residential student parking zones may be allocated according to the year of study, location of accommodation or any other reason defined by the University. Residential student parking areas are defined within the Guide for Residential Living. 

The University reserves the right to withdraw car parking facilities from students who are in continual breach of car parking regulations.

What laundry facilities are available?
Card operated washing machines and dryers are present and are located between John Richards Hall and Edwin Morris Hall, also there is another laundry room behind the Old Building. 

Who is responsible for cleaning?
All students living in halls of residence are responsible for keeping the accommodation clean and tidy.  A team of cleaners (both male and female) will enter the building every working day between 8.00am and 3.00pm to top up cleaning in the bathroom, kitchens and corridors.  Note, they do not wash dishes. Students are expected to clean their own study bedroom.

Where do I collect my mail?
Parcels and recorded letters can be collected from the security staff, which is situated in the Old Building Reception. Letters are placed in the pigeon holes in the Students Union.

Can I stay on Campus during the holidays?
Your license agreement covers the use of your room for 38 weeks, which includes the Christmas and Easter holidays.

See our 'Contact Us' page if you need more information

The University of Wales Trinity Saint David is signed up to and fully supports the Accommodation Code of Practice. We endeavour to provide all students with an enjoyable, safe living environment and recommend that you read the code of practice before taking up your space in halls

UUK - Code of Practice


The Accommodation Code of Practice is designed as a statement of good practice which is subject to change and refinement in the light of experience and encourages better management of the accommodation. The code ensures that residents benefit from clear policies and procedures relating to the following:

  • Health & Safety
  • Maintenance and Repairs
  • Student Welfare
  • Antisocial behaviour and disciplinary issues
  • Environmental quality