Archaeological Specialist (MA in Archaeological Practice, Blended pathway)
This programme has been developed for graduates working in a wide range of specialism in archaeology, including finds and environmental analysis, project management, and geophysical survey.
The programme has been mapped to the Knowledge Skills and Behaviours required for these roles to complement the day-to-day work in the field.
Programme Tutor: Professor Nigel Nayling MCIfA FSA
- First course starting in January 2021
- MA in Archaeological Practice (Blended pathway)
- Delivered in week-long blocks at UWTSD's Birmingham Learning Centre.
- Covers the project lifecycle from planning and data collection to reporting and archiving
- Part of the Archaeological Specialist apprenticeship ST0769 developed with employers and professional bodies
- Regular progress reviews with Training Advisor, apprentice and employer
- Funded by the employer's Apprenticeship Levy contributions or by employer contribution (5% of cost)
- To apply: contact email@example.com
- Course code: 100299 Archaeology
- Duration: 30 months learning, 36 months including end-point assessment.
- Start dates: January 2021, September 2021
- How to apply: In the first instance contact the Apprenticeship Unit.
After completing the four taught modules, the learner will prepare a dissertation examining a case study, site or collection from end to end.
- Archaeological research methods (30 credits)
- Archaeological Project Design and Delivery (30 credits)
- Archaeological Project Reporting (30 credits)
- Specialist practice (30 credits)
- Dissertation (60 credits)
Main assessment methods will be written assignments, presentations, and a dissertation.
Teaching will be based at a venue convenient to the cohort of learners.
As students of UWTSD, the learners will have full access to the Virtual Learning Environment e-learning tools, electronic and printed resources from the Learning Resource Centre, and student support.
UWTSD's Masters programmes at Lampeter have proved invaluable to many now working in the sector.