Higher Apprenticeships are level 4 and 5 qualifications developed by Sector Skills Councils with employers to provide the skills and knowledge necessary for working in the sector.
They are funded in Wales by the Welsh Government and the European Social Fund and there is no cost to apprentices or employers. The content, duration and level of each apprenticeship is set out in a Framework with entry requirements and information about the job roles. Higher Apprenticeships are undertaken on a day-release basis alongside normal work and usually result in a qualification (an HND) as well as the apprenticeship.
UWTSD provides the training element for apprenticeships in Advanced Manufacturing Operations, Applied Human Resources, Construction Management and Quantity Surveying. The apprenticeships are managed by our partners, Bridgend College, Coleg Sir Gar and CITB respectively.
General entry requirements
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Employed 50% of the time in Wales
- Level 3/4 qualification (A levels, Apprenticeship, HNC)
How to apply
- If you are not currently employed in the sector, your first step is to get a job with an employer.
- If you are employed you should ask your employer about undertaking a Higher Apprenticeship as a development opportunity.
- To apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org