By working in partnership with UWTSD, you can use Degree Apprenticeships for employees to grow your business, boost productivity and plan for the future.
Benefits to Employers - Why you should offer Degree Apprenticeships
- Apprentices develop and apply the skills, knowledge and behaviors learnt during the Degree Programme directly to the workplace, which helps employees master their current roles and to fill skills gaps within the business.
- Apprentices inform the business of the latest developments and technologies picked up during their degree programme.
- Employers gain from investment with increased productivity and improved business performance.
- Employers will be able to attract and retain talented employees, by providing a ladder of opportunity and career progression for them.
- The business will as a result be able to; plan succession in key positions, identify top performers and prepare future managers.
- Apprentices work on Industrial work based projects which are chosen through discussions with their employers, tutors and liaison officers and agreed plans are produced that benefit the business and the academic criteria.
- The Degree Apprenticeship Programmes are supported by Welsh Government Funding or the Apprenticeship Levy Scheme.
UWTSD is a leading university provider of Degree Apprenticeships.
We currently deliver degree apprenticeships to over 100 employers in England and Wales. We have established strong relationships with private and public sector organizations including SME’s, Local Authorities and NHS Trusts.
Our Degree Apprenticeships offer employers the opportunity to nurture their own talent. Employers can chose to up-skill or re-skill existing employees, or recruit and train new employees through our Apprenticeships to a degree level.
The employer, apprentice and university will sign an Apprenticeship Learning Agreement at the start of the programme which outlines the commitment, role, responsibilities of all parties.
We will advise you, the employer, on the best entry point for the individual apprentice based on their existing qualifications and experience and assess the individual’s specific learning and development needs.
When you partner with us, you and your apprentices will be supported throughout the degree programme with:
- A dedicated account manager - Apprenticeship Liaison Officers (ALO’s).
- Advice and support with the funding application.
- Apprenticeship Liaison Officer to provide pastoral and academic support to the apprentice.
- Exhibit space on any Apprenticeship Unit open days/breakfast events.
- Participation in Industry Liaison Group - Every qualification is designed by an employer advisory board, which helps us shape our courses to directly meet the needs of business and changes in Industry.
- Assistance with recruitment to potential candidates.