The online Applied Business (Management) BA (Hons) provides students with the skills and understanding required to excel as strategic and operational managers in the modern business environment.
The programme is delivered through the Wales-Ducere Office utilising the expertise and industry relevance of the Ducere Global Leaders Faculty. To find out more about Ducere, please visit Ducere Global Business School.
Pathway Options and How to Apply
Applied Business (Management) (BA) | 3 years
UCAS Code: DAB1
Book an Open Day Book a Taster Day Request Information Apply Now
University of Wales Trinity Saint David
Why choose this course
- A degree tailored to your passions, goals, and ambitions.
- Develop an industry-relevant project portfolio as part of your degree.
- Learn from dynamic insights from over 250 Ducere Global Leaders, including former Presidents, Prime Ministers, Nobel Prize Winners, Global Leaders, CEOs and Business Innovators.
- Develop the skills employers need.
- Enjoy personalised student support.
- Study when it suits you with HD videos, unmatched academic support and no exams.
What you will learn
Students will come to understand the classic principles of management and their relevance in today’s context, but will also evaluate the challenges and opportunities that have arisen in what is a highly globalised, digitised, and thus diverse, modern business environment.
In addition, students will develop entrepreneurial skill sets that will both assist in effective management within the high-paced digital economy, as well as foster entrepreneurial capacity within established organisations.
Completing this course will empower students to design and implement management frameworks and strategies to suit the unique business scenarios in which they find themselves, regardless of the organisation for which they work.
As students work their way through a unique learning experience that includes tailored learning activities and exclusive video content standing on the shoulders of hundreds of the world’s most successful and inspiring leaders, from Presidents and Prime Ministers to Nobel Prize winners and leading academics, students will be supported in the development of their business acumen.
Students will study the six compulsory modules:
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- Fundamentals of Management
- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Managing Money and Finances
- Business Model Development
- Corporate Responsibility
- Design Thinking
- Digital Business and Disruption
- Digital Marketing
- Managing Employee Relations
- Managerial Communication
Students will study the compulsory modules below:
- Big Data
- The Global Economy
- Management Strategy
- Organisational Change
- Applied Leadership
- Managing Diverse Workplaces
Assessment methods vary from module to module but you can expect a range of assessments including, reports, presentations and analyses. Assessments combine academic rigour with authentic “real-world” tasks that demonstrate a student’s ability to meaningfully apply their knowledge and skills.
- Anthony Grace
- Kathy Lang
- Ming Chow
- Rob Weston
88 UCAS points plus 2 UK GCSE/GCE O level passes at Grade A–C in Maths and English; or significant work experience* plus 2 UK GCSE/GCE O level passes at Grade A–C in Maths and English.
*Work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
Graduates will develop capabilities including:
- Identifying opportunities for business improvement
- Designing strategies to leverage diverse teams from diverse backgrounds
- Utilising modern technologies to maximise effectiveness of organisations
- Through big data and other modern data services, identifying trends set to affect organisations
Implementing entrepreneurial approaches and skillsets within established organisations to assist companies in innovation efforts. Career opportunities include:
- Project Manager
- Strategy Specialist
- Operations Manager
- Business Owner
There are no additional costs to this course.