BA Business Management (Events and Festivals)
The BA (Hons) Business Management (Events and Festivals) is an innovative programme where teaching is based around live business projects, case studies, internships and work experience.
The programme has been designed to provide a broad approach to all areas of business management whilst allowing students to specialise in the area of event and festival management.
UCAS Code: BME1
Institution Code: T80
Tuition Fees for 2018/19:
£11000 (Home/EU students) Scholarships and Bursaries
Faculty of Business and Management
This course is for students wishing to excel in a career in Business and Management with a specific focus on the events and festivals industry. The programme shares a common first year, during which you take a range of compulsory modules covering a number of business disciplines, providing a broad understanding of business and management. This allows you, as the student, to gain a good understanding of the principles across a range of subject areas whilst also providing the opportunity to gain further insight into how events and festivals are organised and managed.
The programme has been developed in conjunction with employers to ensure the relevant employability and professional skills are developed alongside the academic rigor of a degree programme.
The Business School has long established relationships with local and regional businesses as well as event organisers to deliver a programme of integrated extracurricular activities. This provides our students with a range of contacts, opportunities and experiences that form part of the learning experience, but also allows students to develop their knowledge, skills and practical capabilities necessary for the transition into employment.
- Project Management and Professional Development
- Events and Festivals in Context
- Marketing in Practice
- Digital Intelligence and Analytics
- Applied Internship
- Developing Professional Practice
- Consultancy Project
- Finance for Business
- Live Events Project
- Sustainable Events and Festivals
- The opportunity to study in a School that was ranked 1st in Wales and in the top 15 UK universities for student satisfaction in Management
- The involvement of industry experienced and research informed staff in teaching.
- The opportunity to study abroad.
- The opportunity to undertake at least two internships during the three year programme
- Employability skills embedded across all modules
- Real world experiences
- The variety of modules and authentic assessments
- UWTSD ranked 13th in the UK for student support – Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2017.
- Opportunity to study some modules through the medium of Welsh
Assessment methods vary from module to module but you can expect a range of assessments including, coursework, practical work and exams. Assessments combine academic rigor with authentic “real-world” tasks that demonstrate a students ability to meaningfully apply their knowledge and skills.
88 UCAS Points
Our business degrees provide students with a broad range of skills that are sought after by a range of employers. Due to the flexible and broad nature of the programme graduates will be equipped to enter a range of industries and sectors including not of profit, public and private sectors. In 2015/16 98% of graduates from the Business School were in employment and/or further study after six months.
The Business School offers students dedicate placement support with industry specific advice being offered by discipline experts. Students will have the opportunity to undertake placements/internships as part of their degree programme and/or in addition to the taught modules.
UK/EU Tuition Fees
Visit our UK/EU Tuition Fees section to find out more.
Overseas Tuition Fees
Visit our Overseas Fees section to find out more.
Bursaries and Scholarships
You may be eligible for funding to help support your study. To find out about scholarships, bursaries and other funding opportunities that are available please visit our Bursaries and Scholarships section.
Throughout the course of your studies you will have the opportunity to engage with a range of industry bodies. Depending on your module choice and/or programme of study accreditation to the following professional bodies is possible;
Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
- BA Business Management (International Business Management)
- BA Business Management (Marketing)
- BA Business Management (Finance)
- BA Business Management (Human Resource Management)