The BA in Stadium and Sports Facility Management will give graduates the opportunity to pursue a professional career in the global sports facilities and entertainment industry.
The industry is witnessing enormous growth with new stadiums and sporting facilities being built across the world to support increased consumer expectation and a private sector standard of delivery.
BA Stadium and Sports Facility Management (Tracksuit to Facility Management)
UCAS Code: 229A
Apply via UCAS
Book an Open Day Book a Taster Day Request Information
Faculty of Business and Management
3 Years Full-time
Why choose this course
- This course will attract individuals who wish to work within the stadium and sports facilities management field from a local and global perspective. Students will gain an understanding of management disciplines and key drivers within this sector.
- There are a plethora of opportunities that exist within this growing market as a direct result of building new facility infrastructure that includes many new stadiums and public, private and not for profit sporting facilities across the UK and beyond. Much of which is a direct result of global sporting competitions that include World Cups, National Championships, Commonwealth and Olympic Games. This is also mirrored within industry with an expansion in private health clubs and the low-cost gym sector.
- An industry-specific industrial placement will also allow students to experience the benefits of working within the stadium and sports facility management industry. Previous placement students have had the opportunity to experience work-based learning in Europe, North America and many opportunities in the United Kingdom with private health clubs and regional or national stadiums.
What you will learn
PwC projections to 2018 indicate that the industry will continue its growth with a focus on gate revenue/membership, media rights, sponsorship and merchandising. These combined will see growth increase to $70b in 2018. With this in mind the course focuses on the key management and industry specific skills needed for a graduate to become a successful professional within the sector. The modules and industry relevant experience will help shape students understanding of key developments and prepare them for a sustainable future career in an exciting and flourishing market.
- Stadia Facility Management
- Sports Marketing
- Sports Events Management
- Applied Industrial Placement
- Sports Policy and Strategy
- Operations Management
- Hospitality Management
- Ticketing and Merchandise Management.
- Sales and Marketing
The course will be assessed mostly via coursework in the form of assignments, debates, presentations, blogs and the gathering of an evidence-based portfolio. Plus an element of practical assessment in the coaching and mentoring modules.
Sport, Health and Public Services: Swansea
Sports Management | Tracksuit to Boardroom
96 UCAS Points.
Grades are important; however, our offers are not solely based on academic results. We are interested in creative people that demonstrate a strong commitment to their chosen subject area and therefore we welcome applications from individuals from a wide range of backgrounds. To assess student suitability for their chosen course we normally arrange interviews for all applicants at which your skills, achievements and life experience will be considered as well as your qualifications.
The global and internalized world of sport and entertainment is now a leading growth industry with sports franchises, private sector companies and professional sports teams driving the growth through increasing sponsorship, media revenue and a global fan base. This growth is allowing new graduates to develop a career within the Stadium and Sports Facility Management field. We have also seen an explosion in physical activity within sporting facilities that is likely to increase with central and local government encouraging an active and healthy society that is active for life.
Employment opportunities range from:
- Team Leaders
- General Managers
- Sports Marketers
- Customer Experience Agents
- Ticketing Supervisors
- Stadium Hospitality Managers
- Operations Managers Stewardship
- Entrepreneurial Owners.
Some graduates will also further progress to postgraduate study or global opportunities particularly in North America or Australasia.
£150 for kit for Sports Management students and education trip.
Catherine Thomas Stadium Ticketing and Customer Experience Manager at Liberty Stadium and Swansea
"Studying at UWTSD allowed me to develop my understanding of key management based themes that I have now applied to a successful career within the industry."