Nursing, Health and Social Care
The Health portfolio of programmes prepares students to work in Nursing and Health and Social Care, and qualifies students to work with children and young adults.
Work Placements are integral features of all the degrees and lead students into employment.
- This series of programmes offer students the opportunity to study subject areas relevant to their chosen career aspirations.
- The various programmes of study provide students with the appropriate knowledge and skills to enter the health sector and allied workforce.
- The programmes include strong links with the health and social care sector and include a range of placements and health industry internships giving students first hand experience.
On the Carmarthen Campus, we offer the following undergraduate programme:
On the Swansea Campuses, we offer the following Foundation/ undergraduate programme:
- Health and Care of Children and Young People (BSc, FdSc)
- Health Management (BSc, HND)
- Health and Social Care (BSc, HND)
Why Study Here
1. Vocational relevance is a strong theme underpinning all degrees and students are strongly encouraged to gain additional experience and qualifications to support their career aspirations.
2. Work placements and volunteering with various agencies begins in the very first term and is developed further throughout the various programmes often as an optional or compulsory module.
3. there is also an opportunity to undertake an International exchange for six months in the USA (North Carolina or California) or Norway during the second year and in Swansea, Sports Management students have opportunities for various international placements.
4. Free access to the Health Suite, Sports-hall and Swimming Pool to support degree interests.