Covid-19Due to COVID-19 some of our services are currently restricted or unavailable. If you have any questions or queries please Contact the library We are very sorry for any inconvenience these restrictions may cause.
The Library is situated opposite the Parry Block and Student Union on the Carmarthen Campus, and is also accessible from Y Cwad and the Carwyn James building. It was recently refurbished in August 2018 to provide a more attractive and modern learning environment for students and staff based at the campus.
Study Spaces Open Access PCs Soft seating
Carmarthen Library provides access to a range of flexible learning spaces to support all of our students.
25 8 16
- The main entrance is accessible via a ramp
- Lift access to first floor
- Our book collection is located on the ground and first floors
- Our journal collection is located on the ground floor
- The library enquiry desk and self-service machine are located on the ground floor
- There is a book drop for book returns located outside the entrance to the library foyer
- The library foyer hosts an exhbition space for showing student's work, external exhibitors and items from our own special collections and archives
All study rooms have wireless internet access. Please note that study rooms are only available during our opening times.
Bookings must be made before 8pm on the day before the reservation is due to start so that a list of bookings can be generated. Bookings made after this time will not be honoured.
To maximise availability of study rooms for all students, please note the restrictions below:
- Maximum booking length: 3 hours
- Bookings may be placed up to 21 days in advance
- Bookings for the same room cannot be placed within 2 days of each other
Visitors: Walk-in access to online resources
Staff and students from other universities or members of the public are able to use a limited selection of our online resources.