Social Enterprise is a sector that is reporting significant growth, is it outperforming the Small to Medium Enterprise sector in almost all of the business areas, including; innovation, business growth, turnover, start-up up rates (Social Enterprise UK, 2015).
The programme is primarily targeted at people working in social enterprise or with an interest who are aware of potential and challenges of social enterprise as an aspect of business. The aim of the programme is to empower people with skills and knowledge that they need to further develop social enterprises as a component of a future sustainable economy.
The programme is available as a class-based or fully online course.
How to apply
All applications to study for a full-time undergraduate degree programme are made through UCAS.
For further details contact Undergraduate Admissions Tutor Jessica Shore: email@example.com
All our courses fall under the UWTSD institution UCAS code T80.
University of Wales Trinity Saint David
Why choose this course
- Be part of rethinking business for a changing world by joining an award-winning business school*
- Study Social business from a contemporary perspective with modules designed to give you the knowledge, understanding and skills needed for developing the future of Social Enterprise.
- Join a supportive environment where you will discuss topics in small groups in a learning community of staff and students
- Enhance your employability through strong established links with industry and the public and third sectors and through live projects.
- Benefit from excellent academic and pastoral support**
*UWTSD Carmarthen Business School: Rethinking Business for a Changing World Winner of ‘Tomorrow’s Employees’ at the Green Gown Awards 2018.
**UWTSD ranked 1st in the UK for student satisfaction in teaching quality in Business Studies – The Times & The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019.
What you will learn
If you want to be ready for the future of business and be able to respond to both global and local challenges and opportunities then these innovative programmes, built on ethical and sustainable principles are the choice for you.
As a Social Enterprise Management student at UWTSD’s Carmarthen Business School, you will be part of a supportive learning community with enthusiastic, research-active staff who endeavour to help you maximize your time at UWTSD. We have a progressive and transformational approach to learning that builds independence and self-determination in our learners.
The programme has the following aims:
- To increase students’ understanding of social enterprises, their management, the economy and the business environment within a changing local and global context
- To prepare students for a career in social enterprise management by developing professional skills and intellectual skills, including critical thinking, problem-solving, creativity and reflection.
- To engender a future-facing outlook including learning to think about the consequences of actions, and how business and society can be adapted to contribute to sustainable futures.
- To produce graduates who are global citizens and who contribute to shaping a sustainable world through their personal and professional lives.
- To prepare students for further study.
We have links with a wide range of organisations, many of whom offer the opportunity for our students to engage in live project work as part of their studies.
- Developing Social Enterprise
- Distinctiveness and Regeneration
- Contemporary Management Approaches
- Finance and Funding for Social Enterprise
- Learning and Collaboration for Global Citizenship
- Social and Digital Marketing
The Cert HE Social Enterprise Management programme is assessed by a combination of innovative and more traditional methods which are designed to develop students’ understanding, problem-solving and creative thinking during the programme.
Assessments are closely linked to learning activities, where students build understanding and skills in weekly sessions and are able to learn from formative assessment throughout the programme.
Student and Carmarthen Life
We are interested in applicants who want to contribute to the future of Social Enterprise. Previous study of business is not required and we welcome applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
For applicants under 21 years of age, we require one A-Level or NVQ level 3. Other awards including Edexcel awards, as well as a range of other certificates at this level from UK, EU and International bodies are accepted.
A number of other equivalent qualifications are also accepted in contribution to your UCAS tariff points and the admissions panel will consider each application on an individual basis. Please note also that our offers are not based solely on your academic achievements; we take into account your full range of skills, experience and attainments when considering your application.
The Cert HE Social Enterprise Management aims to develop graduates which leave with skills and understanding which will make them employable beyond tomorrow, shaping the future of business and specifically social enterprise. We believe that graduate employability is not just what they can offer organisations today but also how they can change an organisation for tomorrow, evidenced through our Green Gown award for Tomorrow’s Employees. The programme will build on established business and organisational networks and staff will actively engage in the creation of new partnerships with leading social enterprises, organisations and individuals. Students will engage in real-life problems through fieldwork, research, guest lectures and organisational seminars.
Successful graduates from the programme may also apply for Level 5 entry to Carmarthen Business School’s BA Business and Management or BA Rural Enterprise Management programmes.
It is possible to complete this programme of study without any additional costs.
Students may wish to purchase materials for modules, but this is not a requirement and will have no bearing on the final grade.