This programme is run in conjunction with our partners, including Trinity Healthcare Services in Swansea. It is designed to give you the skills and competencies to work as a Healthcare Support Worker or Nursing Assistant as closely aligned with Nursing and Medical Council requirements.
If you would like to know more about whether or not your organisation or health board will accept this qualification please contact us for more information.
In addition to the locations specified, there may also be a course running in Aberystwyth. All course locations are dependent on student numbers.
Although in the medium of English, there is the possibility of Welsh Language modules/content.
Nursing Studies and Professional Healthcare (1 year) (CertHE)
UCAS Code – NPH8
Apply via UCAS
Book an Open Day Request Information Apply Now
Faculty of Business and Management
University of Wales Trinity Saint David
5 Reasons to study the Certificate in Nursing:
- We are committed to care.
- We provide opportunities for you to develop and progress.
- We have links with the Industry and Local Health Boards to enable you to gain experience and paid employment in your chosen area of the health and social care field.
- We will help and support you to achieve your career aspirations.
- We offer flexible and exciting options for the future.
What you will learn
This unique programme is designed as act as a complement to those working in the health sector or are employed within one of our partner organisations. If you are currently working as a HCSW or NA and would like to gain your qualification this route may also be for you.
- Anatomy, Physiology and the Biopsychosocial Model
- Communication and Integrated Working
- Fundamentals of Care
- Introduction to Research and Evidence-based Practice
- Personal and Academic Development for Nurses
- Assessments include; essays, reports, presentations, and professional portfolios.
- You will be asked to evidence your competencies and ability to meet skills requirements in the role you undertake as part of this course.
- You will be supported to utilise information technology communication and organisational skills for your assignments.
- Donna Morgan
- Felicity Page
- Jaymie Phillips
- Jayne Griffith-Parry
Due to the nature of the course your application is considered on an individual basis. You will need to be in a placement or employment role which supports the demands of the course to meet certain healthcare competencies
We have a very strong employment support and work experience system within the Health Portfolio. We work with three health boards as well as a variety of public and private organisations, companies and charities in the Health Sector within West Wales to build opportunities for all our students. This programme provides an opportunity to work as a Healthcare Support Worker or Nursing Assistant*
*subject to approval from organisation or health board – ask us about this when you apply
Due to the work practice and competencies element of this programme, students will be required to pay for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
There may be additional costs linked to your employment role or health organisation.
You may be eligible for funding to help support your study. To find out about scholarships, bursaries and other funding opportunities that are available please visit our Bursaries and Scholarships section.
We are exploring Study Abroad links with our Malaysian Campus in the coming academic year
Please visit our Accommodation pages for more information