People Management (CIPD Associate Diploma)
This new qualification builds on the CIPD Level 3 Foundation Certificate in People Practice and is aimed at further expanding learners’ independent practice to enable them to evolve into more senior roles within organisations as people professionals. Learners’ work will be mainly operational with some complexity.
Using a framework of HR and L&D understanding, behaviours and skills development, this qualification offers opportunity for learners to transition to employment as people managers. This qualification extends and fosters a deeper level of understanding and application and naturally progresses learners’ expertise in people practice. It is suited to individuals who:
- are embarking on a career in people management
- are working in a people practice role and wish to contribute their knowledge and skills to help shape organisational value
- are working towards or working in a people manager role.
PATHWAY OPTIONS AND HOW TO APPLY
Tuition Fees 2021/22:
Fully funded for eligible students
Why choose this course
- This is a professional qualification based on the CIPD Profession Map. The Map was launched in 2018 having been developed in collaboration with a wide range of experts working at the heart of the profession. It sets the international benchmark for the people profession and provides a strong foundation to give people professionals the confidence and capabilities to guide their decision-making, actions and behaviours.
- Successful completion will provide learners with the knowledge, skills and credentials to apply for people management roles.
- This course is fully funded for eligible applicants.
- Attendance is via monthly workshops and so involves minimal time away from work.
- There are no exams.
What you will learn
The CIPD Associate Diploma in People Management is a new qualification, based on the CIPD’s new profession map. It is equivalent to the second year of a university degree in the UK. Employees currently in HR roles or undertaking HR duties (at any level) are eligible to apply.
Learners will be enrolled on the Higher Apprenticeship in HRM with Coleg Sir Gar and will undertake this qualification with the University of Wales Trinity Saint David as part of the Apprenticeship.
Learners will attend workshops over one academic year, to complete the Diploma. On successful completion of the Diploma, candidates will become Associate members of the CIPD. Associate membership is recognised as a professional level of membership and successful candidates are entitled to use the designation AssocCIPD after their name.
Depending on experience and previous qualifications, learners may also be required to complete additional work, as part of the apprenticeship essential skills requirements – this will be explained to you as part of the application process.
The following modules will be studied:
- Organisational Performance and Culture in practice
- Evidenced-based Practice
- Professional Behaviours and valuing people
- Employment Relationship Management
- Talent Management and Workforce Planning
- The reward for Performance and Contribution
- Specialist Employment Law
Assessment for the CIPD Level 5 Associate Diploma in People Management is employer-driven and aimed at real scenarios that learners may encounter in their future career. The CIPD will set assignments for all core units. For the other units, the University will devise their own assessments, based on guidance provided by the CIPD. These may include case studies, slide shows, port-folios and other methods of assessment. There will be no exams.
This qualification is not graded. Learners will receive either a Pass or Fail. All assessment criteria must be met in order to achieve a Pass.
Swansea Business Campus
This qualification is designed for learners aged 18+ who want to learn about people practice or L&D practice. Although there are no formal entry requirements, applicants will need to demonstrate the ability to study at level 5, either by holding formal qualifications, having relevant experience or demonstrating competence in other ways.
Successful achievement of the CIPD Level 5 Associate Diploma in People Management will allow progression onto the level 7 Postgraduate Diploma/MA.
The qualification will enable students to apply for positions requiring level 5 CIPD status.
This qualification is fully funded. Additional costs include mandatory CIPD student membership and optional purchase of textbooks.
Bursary / Scholarship Information
This course is fully-funded.
You may be eligible for funding to help support your study. To find out about scholarships, bursaries and other funding opportunities that are available please visit our Scholarships and Bursaries section.