At the University of Wales Trinity Saint David, we are committed to making a positive impact on society through our Civic Mission. As a higher education institution deeply rooted in Wales, we embrace our responsibility to serve the needs of our communities and contribute to the social, cultural, and economic development of the region.
Our Civic Mission is guided by a set of core values that define our approach to community engagement and societal impact:
- Inclusivity: We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming environment that values diversity, promotes social justice, and supports equal access to education for all.
- Sustainability: We are committed to fostering sustainable practices, both environmentally and economically, to ensure the long-term well-being of our communities.
- Collaboration: We actively seek partnerships and collaborations with local organizations, businesses, and community groups to maximize our collective impact.
- Innovation: We encourage innovation and creativity in addressing societal challenges, embracing new ideas, and nurturing entrepreneurial spirit.
Our Civic Mission is realised through a range of initiatives that aim to address pressing social issues, promote learning and education, and support community development. Some of our key initiatives include:
- Community Outreach Programs: We engage with local communities through various outreach programs, providing educational resources, mentoring, and support to individuals of all ages.
- Social Impact Research: Our researchers work closely with community partners to tackle real-world challenges, conducting research that has a meaningful and measurable impact on society.
- Volunteering and Service-Learning: We encourage our students and staff to actively participate in volunteering and service-learning activities, fostering a sense of civic responsibility and empathy. Find out more about volunteering opportunities in our guide.
- Entrepreneurship and Business Support: We support local businesses and entrepreneurs through mentoring, training, and access to resources, helping to drive economic growth and innovation.
- Student Learning: Through our INSPIRE student internships and by working in partnership with the Student Union we are able to provide a growing number placements that cover both sustainability and Civic Mission agendas and areas of learning.
Collaboration lies at the heart of our Civic Mission. We work closely with a diverse range of partners, including local authorities, community organisations, businesses, and other educational institutions. These partnerships allow us to pool resources, expertise, and knowledge to create a greater impact together.
If you would like to learn more about our Civic Mission or explore partnership opportunities, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or if you would like to explore volunteering contact us via: email@example.com.