The Foundation Degree is a 3 year part-time programme with sessions delivered on Saturday and twilight where a variety of learning styles are used. The degree will include modules delivered through the medium of Welsh and bilingually, and students will have the opportunity to present their work in either Welsh or English.
Book an Open Day Book a Taster Day Request Information
Why choose this course
- Flexibility - delivery on twilight sessions in the weekday and day time delivery on Saturdays
- Work based learning
- Career progression
- Informal delivery
- No exams. Assignments and presentations only
What you will learn
The programme offers a comprehensive range of generic modules suitable for those working in early years, primary and secondary schools. It encompasses work-based and University-based modules which provide opportunities for students to consider and analyse current educational issues in the light of their specific school environment and experiences.
The modules delivered include the following subject areas:
- Overcoming Barriers to Specific Learning Difficulties
- Exploring Behaviour and Interventions in Learning
- Additional Needs in Context
- Principles of Learning and Teaching
- Numbers Count
- Literacy – A key to Learning
- Social Inclusion in Practice
- Celebrating Language – Culture – Belonging to Wales
- Children and Young Peoples’ Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Keeping our Children Safe
Work based learning
Students are responsible for meeting the cost of any essential textbooks, and of producing such essays, assignments and dissertations as are required to fulfil the academic requirements for each programme of study.
There will also be further costs for the following, not purchasable from the University:
- Printing and copying
Visit our Scholarships and Bursaries section to find out more.