The Global Humanity for Peace (GHfP) Institute was jointly launched by the University of Wales Trinity Saint David (UWTSD) and the Guerrand-Hermès Foundation for Peace. It is located in the UWTSD’s Lampeter Campus, supported by global partners. The Institute carries forward a number of major international research programmes previously developed at the Guerrand-Hermès Foundation for Peace, and is embedded in an excellent research and teaching environment and learning community of the UWTSD.
The GHfP Institute seeks to engage in cutting-edge research aimed at new understanding, innovation, policy change, and social transformation. We will offer master's and doctoral courses and professional programmes in collective healing, health and well-being, social justice, conflict transformation, deep dialogue, positive peace, human-centred education, and community regeneration. The Institute focuses on the following:
- Fostering collective healing(including healing the wounds from past atrocities and the wounds of our planet), enriching community regeneration, and advancing social justice and global solidarity.
- Empowering youth leadership, nurturing youth transformative competencies and providing professional development opportunities to facilitators of collective healing and community regeneration.
- Harmonising holistic human well-being with our planet’s flourishing.
- Supporting the development of governance processes that are values-based, dialogue-centred, and well-being sensitive.
- Encouraging educational transformation and inspiring a culture of caring in educational institutions.
- Creating spaces for deep encounter, deep listening, and deep dialogue for engendering peacefulness and greater harmony amongst all that is.
All these activities are carried out in partnership with UNESCO Slave Route Project and aligned with UNESCO’s priorities and objectives.
Follow the links below to find out more: