Why Study Anthropology at UWTSD?
Our Anthropology degrees use cutting-edge theoretical ideas to explore lived experience and seek ethically and culturally sensitive solutions for pressing global affairs.
Anthropology maintains that to discover about what it means to be human, one has to learn with people rather than at a distance and simply ‘about’ them. As a result Anthropologists conduct research during which they participate in and observe other people’s lives so as to get an ‘insider’s’ view of different cultures.
As such, at UWTSD we encourage our students to explore different cultures and experience other communities first-hand through field trips, placements and pratical-based workshops, reinforced by anthropological theories.
“I have found the Anthropology course inspiring and stimulating. I have nothing but praise for the content and manner in which the lectures are delivered.” Colin, BA Anthropology
- BA Anthropology and Heritage Studies
- BA History and Anthropology
- BA Chinese Civilisation and Anthropology
- BA Philosophy and Anthropology
- BA Anthropology with Applied Psychology
- BA Anthropology with Education Studies
- BA Anthropology with Heritage Management
- BA Anthropology, History, Education Studies
- BA Anthropology, Archaeology, Education Studies
- BA Anthropology, English, Education Studies