Canadian Students

Canadian flag

We have been welcoming students from across Canada to our campuses in for many years. We look forward to welcoming you! 

Once you have decided on a course that you wish to study with us, you need to check that you meet our standard entry requirements and English language requirements.

If you are still studying at your school or university you do not have to wait until you have finished your current course to apply to the University of Wales Trinity Saint David.

We can make you a conditional offer based on the results you expect to achieve.

How to Apply

Students can apply to the University directly, we will help you through the applications process.

Apply online

Three students look off-camera towards something on the right and smile.

Student Experience

“When I graduated from the University of Waterloo in Canada with an Honours Bachelor of Arts in English Rhetoric and Professional Writing, I started looking at MA programmes abroad; I was especially drawn to the MA Creative Writing programme at Trinity Saint David, which offered the opportunity to work on the programme's anthology as a contributor and potentially an editor. This was one of the best decisions I've ever made “ 

Laura Baker, MA Creative Writing

“The International Office Staff and the International Student Buddies are some of the friendliest people I’ve ever met. They are super fun and helpful, which really isn’t hard to find in this place”. 

Paula Broderick, BA Acting

Entry Requirements

English Language

Applicants may automatically satisfy the English language entry requirements of the University for academic study for all courses if they are native English speakers through citizenship of Canada.

For further information please visit English Language Entry Requirements.

Production of a valid passport must accompany all applications.

  • Confirmation that you are a national of Canada and that you have achieved Grade C or above in English in your High School Diploma or Provincial Exam.

Two female students smile back towards the camera. The thatched rooves and white walls of the buildings at St Fagans are visible in the background.

Undergraduate Programmes

Minimum Entrance requirements for undergraduate courses vary according to the program and the background of the applicant:

  • General Requirement: High School Diploma

Degree completion (2+2 / 2+1)

  • If you are a student at a community college on a diploma or Associate degree, you may be eligible for degree completion at UWTSD.
  • Fee reduction available for students studying at one of our partner institutions.
  • Applicants transferring from community college, or another university are assessed on an individual basis.
  • Students who have successfully completed a 2-year Associate Degree or Professional Diploma at an institution such as a community college can be considered for advanced entry to the 2nd or final year of a relevant degree programme.
  • Portfolio of work - hardcopy or digital - is required for all applications to Art and Design courses.
  • Interviews, portfolios, auditions may be required for some courses.

Postgraduate Programmes

To be eligible for entry to a postgraduate degree programme, candidates must hold a Bachelor Degree, or it's equivalent, from a recognised University/College of Higher Education. Please note that Entry requirements vary between courses.:

  • General requirements: GPA 2.5 (69%) out of 4.0 or above.
  • Transcripts must accompany all applications.

druslwyn castle paxtons tower

Types of financial aid available

We administer BC Loans and OSAP.  For further information please contact the International Recruitment team. 

Contact our International Team

If you require more information please contact:

International Recruitment Unit