Set at an undergraduate level (Level 5 RQF) this part-time programme will help you to develop your ability to evaluate the effectiveness of HR models and practices and increase your understanding of organisations, whilst also developing your planning, analytical and problem-solving skills. On successful completion, you’ll automatically become an Associate and professional member of the CIPD (Assoc CIPD).
CIPD Intermediate Certificate in Human Resource Management
Part-time (4 hours a week). Attend taught classes as part of a structured, face-to-face learning experience.
Please complete the application form supplied to you on request.
Book an Open Day Book a Taster Day
Faculty of Business and Management
Why choose this course
- An internationally recognised professional qualification if you want to work in HR or L&D.
- Valued by employers, this qualification will help you to develop the business understanding and technical knowledge that employers look for.
- Enhance your credibility, and make a start on becoming a professional member of the CIPD.
- The programme team who deliver this qualification are highly qualified and experienced, both in the field of teaching and in terms of senior-level industry experience.
- A CIPD can be the difference between yourself and another candidate getting the job.
What you will learn
The Certificate in Human Resource Management (CHRM) scheme covers the knowledge, understanding and competence that human resource professionals need in order to make an effective contribution to their organisations. The qualification is level 5 (intermediate) and successful completion will lead to the CIPD Certificate in Human Resource Management.
This programme comprises of 6 mandatory modules:
- Developing professional practice
- Business Issues and the context of human resources
- Using information in human resources
- Resourcing and talent planning
- Contemporary developments in employment relations
- Implementing coaching and mentoring
A combination of assessment methods will be used to assess each module. Typically these include written assignments, presentations, reports and portfolios of learning. No exams.
Swansea Business Campus
The CHRM is open to individuals employed in human resources or unemployed individuals who have access to an HR department. The minimum entry requirement is ‘A’ levels (or equivalent) or an HNC/HND. Those who hold the CIPD Certificate in Human Resource Practice (Foundation level)/ Certificate in Personnel Practice (CPP) or who have substantial HR experience will be considered.
Plus CIPD membership and registration fee (paid directly to CIPD)
Upon completion of this qualification, students may be considered for progression on to the Post Graduate Diploma in HR (level 7).