English Language Support for International Students
All international students are required to have a good working knowledge of the English language. However, English Language required for Academic situations can sometimes be challenging for International students or students who have English as an additional language.
The English Language Centre on our Swansea campus offers support in English for Academic Purposes (EAP) during your studies, this may be in the form of a class or small seminar group.
Examples of course content are as follows:-
- Assignment structure: from essays to dissertations
- Referencing skills: citations and bibliographies
- Critical analysis: e.g. facts versus opinions
- Academic Reading: authentic reading texts on your subject area
- Academic Listening: improving listening skills for successful lectures & tutorials
- Academic Writing: essay types, paraphrasing, summary writing
- Academic speaking: presentations, pronunciation
- Vocabulary skills: the academic word list, linking words, collocation
- Grammar skills: tenses, sentence structure, parts of speech
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org