Students doing co-ordinated star jumps on a beach.

Studying in another country and language can be exciting but also very challenging. The university recognises that from time to time you may face worries during your studies that could include financial concerns or home sickness.

Student Services

The Senior International Support officer is responsible for providing support and guidance for students on a number of issues including practical advice on issues such as Finance, accommodation and dealing with homesickness. However, we also offer professional counselling and welfare services, located within the Student Services Department, that are available to all students, and are founded on the principle that no problem is too big or too small to share.

When you enrol as a student at our university you are provided with your own account that gives you access to the internet, student email and university e-learning environment and resources. Student Services and other university support departments will communicate to you through your student email account from time to time. IT and Wi-Fi facilities are available at various locations across all our campuses.

If you wish to speak to someone contact our Senior International Student Support Officer, Gruffydd Owen by email or mobile 07951231286

Health and Insurance

If you study in the UK for six months or more, you will be able to use the services of the National Health Service (NHS) from the day you arrive in the UK. It is a good idea to register with a doctor as soon as you arrive in the UK.

If you study for less than six months, and you do not come from a country which has an agreement on healthcare with the UK, you will have to pay for a private consultation and for any medication you require. You should take out medical insurance to cover these charges. Even if you are eligible for free NHS treatment, you should take out health insurance which covers the cost of repatriation in case you need to be flown home because of serious illness or death.


The cost of living in South West Wales is lower than in many parts of the UK. Assessing your costs and managing your finances during your study in the UK is an important aspect of your academic experience. The Student Services Department at the university can offer advice and help should you encounter problems during your studies. You should ensure you have enough money to pay for your fees and your living expenses throughout the duration of your studies.

Useful Links